nine

YOUR POV

I woke up Sunday morning after the most confusing night of my life.

I would've thought that Lauren would be all over me at the movie last night, but that was just the opposite. She was clinging onto Ally or Dinah most of the night while Camila finally decided to sit by me. When Camila got super comfortable and leaned her head on my shoulder, Lauren looked back at us a few times, but that's all. I kept questioning myself the whole night, thinking I imagined the whole thing. But I've decided that it's best to just put it passed me. It was just a kiss, right?

I stepped out of my room and was amazed by what I saw. Christmas lights of all colors were strung up and down the hallway, and all the way up and down the staircase. It lighted the way more than any of the fluorescent lights installed in the house ever could.

I could hear girls giggling as the scent of cookies enveloped my nostrils. I hurried to see what all the ruckus was downstairs and that's when I saw all of the girls dressed up in Christmas hats while decorating a giant tree.

"Woah." I said, making myself known, eyeing the tree that was at least over 8 foot, almost hitting the ceiling. "When did you all get a tree?"

"Your Dad sent for it." Camila laughed, hanging a red ball ornament onto one of the branches. "Do you think the house looks cool? We wanted it to be a surprise."

I smiled at her joyousness about the season and nodded, "It's really cool. I haven't seen the house this bright and festive ever since I was little."

Joan walked into the living room with a tray full of cookies and a smile drawn on her face. "Looks like someone finally decided to wake up."

I rolled my eyes and took a seat at the dining table after grabbing a cookie, "Very funny, Joan. Teenagers scientifically need more sleep than babies. So, technically I'm not in the wrong to sleep late. It's Sunday."

"The day of rest." Ally mentioned, hanging those little messy icicles all over the tree with the help of Normani who high fived her for making a bible reference which only cause Lauren to laugh a little at the girls.

"Hey Y/N. Is there a gas station anywhere?" Camila asked bliindly, picking up another balled ornament.

I looked up from my half eaten cookie and gave her a confused look, "Yeah. Why?"

"I have $20 saved from the mall and I want to stock up on candy." She admitted, slight scrunching up her nose. "Would you mind taking me?"

"Of course she wouldn't!" Joan answered with excitement lacing her throat. "How about you two go to the convenience store a couple of blocks from here. It'd be a good bonding moment."

"Who's bonding?" Lauren asked, walking in the room looking ratchet as ever. But this was the cute kind of ratchet. The one that drake talks about.

'Sweatpants,
hair tied,
chillin' with no make up on.'

Normani sent Lauren this fiendish smirk as she raised her brow to inform the paler Cuban. "Mila and Y/N are going down the street to buy some candy with her leftover mall money."

Lauren quickly scanned over Camila's and my face and visually relaxed as if to appear calm even though something was wrong on the inside. "Can I come, too? I have like $5 left."

"I don't see why not. What do you think Camila?"

Camila looked down, pushing her hair out of her face to straighten up her appearance. "Sounds great. You'll have to hurry, Laur. We will be leaving in a second." Her hand carefully hung an ornament.