seven

YOUR POV

"A whole mall." Ally said in amazement as the car stopped in a empty parking lot. "Your Dad must be so rich you don't even know what to do with the money anymore."

I didn't really answer her. I just got out of the car and waited for everyone else to follow behind me.

Joan stopped us before we could start walking towards the doors of the huge building. "Not so fast. You'll need money." She rummaged through the front pocket of her bag to pull out a stack of small rectangular shapes. "These cards are prepaid. No more than $500 are to be spent on each of these. Do you all understand?" We all nodded like children and waited for our cards.

After recieving mine, I started to stroll towards the door once more. This time someone grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers together, causing my hand to tense up just a little until I noticed who it was.

Camila swung our arms back and forth and excitedly pointed out, "I'm so excited. I heard that Top Shop is having a sale."

"Forget that." Ally laughed, running up to us. "Bath and Body Works just put out their holiday fragrances and I want all the gingerbread and pumpkin I can find."

Eventually, we all split up to different stores. Except Dinah and Normani both went to Forever 21 because apparently they needed to get some cute clothes to take selfies in.

I decided my best bet was to go to Pacsun. Only because it was the closest store to the door we entered in and it looked intriguing.

I leaned against a display while unfolding a bright new shirt to check out the graphic. It didn't look too bad so I threw it over my shoulder and began walking further into the store. I made it to the back where the socks were when I heard someone clear their throat from the front of the store.

"Find anything good?" Her raspy and thick voice asked. I whipped my head back to see Lauren slowly strolling into the store towards me. "I always loved Pacsun." I didn't really know how to reply because something was telling me that she was obligated to talk to me or at least that's how it seemed. She leaned against a wall, clutching a shopping bag, staring back at me deeply. "Cat got your tongue?" I cleared my throat and shook my head, grabbing a pair of long socks and turning on my heel to go to the other side of the store. "Why aren't you talking to me?"

"I don't really know what to say." I quietly replied, grabbing a shirt on a hanger to look over it.

"That'd look cute on you. You should buy it." She smiled, turning to a group of shirts.

I felt weird enough having her compliment me, especially since she hasn't bothered to talk to me until she saw my bleeding nose and swollen black eye a few days ago. I turned to look at her curiously and I saw her excuse herself from the world and pay attention to the clothes in front of her. "Did my Dad pay you to be nice to me?" I blurted out of curiosity.

"What?" She turned around with a wide smile.

"Look, you don't have to lie about it. Did he pay you or not?"

Lauren chuckled while shaking her head at me, "No. He didn't pay me."

"So, you're just being nice?" I was amazed.

She nodded, reaching out to touch my arm, "I guess I haven't been nice enough lately if you think your Dad had to pay me to talk to you."