twenty-one

LAUREN'S POV

Scott sat Donny's lifeless body in a rolling chair while I hurried to the office to look for some rope and duct tape to tie the girl up like I was instructed to do. After searching the cabinets to finally find my items, I ran back to the girl in the chair who was breathing a lot heavier and deeper than she was doing in the car.

I picked her limp arm up to sit it on the arm rest and started tying the rope around her arm in order to keep her strapped down. The long rope stretched around the girl a few more times before I decided to tie her other arm down.

"Here, lemme tie the last knot." Scott said, moving in so that he could take over and tie the rope into some weird knot that looked impossible to undo. "There we go. Now, I'm gonna go to the back with Simon."

"Wait, what if she wakes up before you all get back?"

He shrugged, "I dunno. Just remember to tape her mouth if she starts to scream. Eskimo Joe doesn't really like hearing screams." Scott turned around and started hauling ass to the back of the warehouse to exit outside.

I wanted to ask him why he doesn't like screams, but he was already out of the door when I heard Donny groan behind me. I slowly turned around to see the sleepy girl start to come back to reality. My shoulders were very tensed, but I knew there was no way for that big girl to get loose. I calmed down and watched as she lifted her head and fluttered her eyes to focus in on the scene around her.

For a moment, she didn't realize where she was but then her eyes got big and she started to freak out in her seat. "W-why am I tied up?" She tried pulling and yanking on the ropes, but it was no use. There was no way she could get free. "You! Come here. Help me!"

I smirked at the helpless girl in the chair, "And why would I help you?"

Donny got quiet and let her eyes journey over the warehouse around her, "Um, where am I?"

"I don't think I'm allowed to tell you." I began slowly stepping towards a nearby chair. As I pulled it to sit it in front of her, she spoke to me again in that frightened tone.

"Lauren, what's happening?"

I took a seat and crossed my leg over the other as the girl in the seat ran her eyes up and down my body to kind of read me. Although, I won't let her get into my head because I'm not the vulnerable one in this situation. "Donny, did you know that destructive actions have consequences?" She nodded. "So, why the fuck did you feel the constant need to beat a innocent person up every day for almost a month? Probably longer than that with the emotional trauma she already had when I showed up."

Donny looked confused, but still very worried about what would be happening to her next. I could tell it was a thought on her mind. "Who are you even talking about?"

"Y/N. The girl you over stepped your boundaries with because you thought you wouldn't get fucked up for in return. But I have news for you, baby girl. Those people out in the back don't play."

The tone of distress got louder. "W-why didn't you just take me to the cops? I'll do the time."

"We are too far in this. Karma can be a bitch."

"How could you be so fucking heartless? This is all a mistake." I shook my head and began to ignore her which only enraged her. "I can't wait to get back to Cara and she can ruin you." She snarled at me.

I chuckled and got up from my seat, "What makes you so sure you're going to get back, Donny?" I started to inch the seat closer so that I could sit within a foot of her. I slowly leaned in to whisper in her ear menacingly. "My friend is in the hospital because of you. What you are about to experience is what you deserve."