eighteen

I stepped out of the building to see the groups upon groups of girls all piled outside eating lunch with their friends. I felt a wave of overwhelming emotions start to crash over me so, I took a very deep breath before continuing to walk through the courtyard passed a thousand staring girls. It felt like everyone's eyes were burning into me from every angle. I decided to just brush it off and use every fiber in my being to keep from nervously tripping. Just as I got to the middle of the yard close to Donny, I noticed a group of girls leaving their table with their plates indisposed.

Knowing me, the good advocate to try and make a clean earth, I had to go over and pick up the plates since I had enough time to get Donny to the gym. I began walking over and started to collect the styrofoam plates and as I went towards the trash can, some girl sprinted passed me which almost tripped me, but made me let go of all of the plates.

As if the gods above were shining down upon me for this plan, Donny ran from her group to help me collect the plates so I could put them in the trash. "Here. Let me help you with that." Her voice was deeper than I expected which caught me off guard for a slight moment.

"Oh my god. Thank you so much." I said in a raspy British accent.

"No problem." She responded. Her and I stood up to go to the trash at the same time and when her eyes got wide, I knew that she knew something. "Do I know you from somewhere?" She raised her brow as she stepped in front of me.

I realized this was my only chance to reel in the bate. I turned on the charm, raising one of my eyebrows and smirked up at the bigger woman. "No, I don't think so." I cleared my throat and grabbed the rest of the plates from her to throw them away in the trash before saying, "But if you wanna get to know me, I'm skipping class to go to the gym. I'm new and I kind of wanna check this place out with a helpful guide." I turned around and smirked at her, "So, what do you say? Can you give me a tour?"

Her eyes were wide and her expression was as though she wasn't sure what was happening right now. Like a deer in head lights. "I, I-Uh." She looked over to her group and bit down on her bottom lip as if to seriously be thinking this through. "To the left." She directed me, putting her hand up to block her face as we both speed walked away from view of the huge courtyard. "Run!" Her order fell out of her mouth as she sprinted passed me to get to the front door of the gym as quick as she could.

"Wait!" I yelled out, following behind her. I began digging in the skirt pocket as I started to slow down at the entrance. I pulled out the keys as I stopped in front of her at the door. "Do you know which key we have to use?" I said, when I started to catch my breath.

Donny took the keys from me and started concentrating on finding the right key on the ring. "So, what's your name?"

"Michelle." I rasped, watching her get the key and stick it into the lock. "I'm from London."

"London is pretty cool. I went there once when I was 11." She stopped for a second and looked back at me, "But do you wanna know something cool?You really do look like this one girl." Donny said, turning the key to hear the gears unlock and the door parted open. "She's in a band."

"Oh that's cool." I smiled. "Is it a band like the 1975 or Metallica?" I walked into the huge gymnasium and realized I was right on time for the envisioned time frame.

"Neither." She said softly, walking in behind me to close the door. "It's a group like One Direction, but with girls. I just know about her because of tumblr."

"What's her name?" I smirked, stepping up to sit down in the bleachers and allow her to follow behind me to take a seat nearby. "I could know about her. My sisters and I love tumblr."