eight

"So, what vinyl did you get?" I asked, digging around in piles of junk to find the record player.

Lauren had to hold me up by my waist while I dug around in the huge room. It was basically the junk room that Dad and I would use to put stuff away that we never really used.

"Back to Black. The Amy Winehouse album." Lauren gushed, clutching onto me harshly to ensure that I wouldn't fall off of the unstable pile of books. "She was such an amazing artist."

"Her Body and Soul collab with Tony Bennett was amazing." I responded, slightly grunting before yanking the found record player from under a tall pile of junk.

"Totally iconic." She agreed, helping me down with her hand. I hopped down safely and she took the record player, and my hand, to guide me down the hall. We got to the very end of the long hall and turned into a big door on the right. I didn't even know we had a room all the way down here so I'm still unsure how to react.

She pulled me into the dark room, only lighted by one desk lamp that was obviously dimmed down from being used so much.

I looked around at the dark room and found the perfect spot to sit the record player down beside a outlet while Lauren peeled the plastic off of the vinyl cover.

After getting the vinyl and fixing the volume and other audio knobs, I began playing the record. The warm sound started playing, putting the dark room into a new setting.

"You don't have to sit on the floor." Lauren said, sitting down on her bed which was the only sort of furniture in her room. "I won't be offended if you sit on my bed."

"I'm fine here." I smiled, pulling my legs up to my chest. I didn't want to make myself at home too much, in the fear that Lauren would quickly get annoyed with me.

"Let me reword that." Lauren smirked down at me as Amy Winehouse belted out a few lyrics from Rehab. "Come sit on my bed because the floor is not meant for people. It's meant for animals."

I reluctantly got on my feet to walk over and sit on her bed, trying to be as cautious as possible. There's still something in my mind that makes me believe she's up to something. Was this the Lern that Camila was talking about? There was too much to think about and just looking at her talk made the small indecisive voices of questionable thought start in the back of my mind. "I actually want to get a dog. Dad said when I'm eighteen, he'll finally let me get a puppy. I saved up for it and everything."

"Saved?"

"I do work, Lauren." I smiled, scooting back towards the wall so I could sit comfortably. "I never really liked using my Dad's money."

"Where do you work?" She questioned, not fully believing I work at a actual job.

"I got a job over at Seventeen on the weekends. I'm a Facsimile Coordinator." I smirked, knowing that she probably wouldn't know what it meant.

Basically, my job is spending 8 hours out of my weekend to print copies. It's not fun, but it's easy and it pays a pretty penny since seventeen is doing so good with sales lately.

"What's that?"

"Don't worry about it." I smiled.

She raised her brow at me, "What is it?"

"It doesn't matter."

She smiled, getting up to stand in front of me, "Tell me."

"Or what?"

"Or else." Her perfectly fleeked brow raised one more time at me as her hands raised. "I'll tickle you."