twenty

LAUREN'S POV

Ten minutes after dropping off the girls, we were stopped in someone's driveway. Simon started to unbuckle his seatbelt and get out of the car.

"Where are you going?"

He didn't look back. He just gave me an order. "Stay in the car. I'll be back in five minutes." I watched as the grown man walked up the pathway to the front door. A tree blocked my view of the door, but I saw Y/N's Dad disappear and just expected that he went inside.

I knew boredom would come sooner or later, so I pulled my phone out of my pocket and decided to check my messaging app. Several names were bolded to inform me of new messages, but only one name stood out. Y/N. Throughout this whole thing, my only worry is how she'll react to all of this. Sure, she'll be happy that her bully will be defeated once and for all, but she's such a nice soul that it scares me to tell her about something as graphic as this.

My finger hovered over her name before it finally pressed down on the name above hers. Ally.

Ally: don't do anything dumb, lo

Lauren: I won't. don't worry about me.

Ally: I have to worry about you. it's my job.

Lauren: can we not have this conversation right now ? I'm about to be in the middle of something

Ally: 😒 ugh fine. how's Donny doing?

I looked up at the the unconscious girl who was buckled up in the seat behind me and got up on my knees in the seat to hold out two fingers to press them against her neck. I felt the warm flesh and beating pulse and smiled because at least I know she's alive now.

Lauren: she's still sleeping. I just hope it lasts a little bit longer

Ally: it will. BUT if it knocked her out that quick, it won't take long for her to wake back up.

Lauren: great pep talk. if the anxiety isn't enough, it's one of you four trying to freak me out more. don't you understand that I got this?

Ally: you have nothing, Laur. I know you were just as scared and confused as the rest of us. 😞 I hate that you're so rebellious some times. You should be here with us and now you're gonna get into trouble.

Lauren: her dad obviously knows what he's doing. just chill out. I'm gonna go. they're headed out here. just try and remain calm, Allycat. Mama has got this all figured out.

Ally: it's really awkward when it's YOU that's referring to yourself as Mama....

Lauren: 😁 oops

I locked my phone and looked up to see Y/N's father coming out of the garage with a bunch of goons following behind him. Big goons with duffle bags on their shoulder.

Simon opened the driver's door and one huge man opened the back door. "Oh shit!" He exclaimed.

I looked around because it seems like he found something that I was unaware was in the car.

"David, you need to calm down. This is why I didn't tell you who was in the damn car." Simon snipped at the bigger man, but that giant didn't seem effected. In fact, he actually seemed star struck.

"My daughter has posters of you everywhere. I've heard so many great things about you, Miss Jauregui." The muscled man said to me in a high toned voice. I could tell he was a little bit more afraid of me than I was of him. He looked over to the second of the third person in the group and rested his hand on his mate's shoulder. "Cara is not gonna believe this shit."

"DAVID! IF I TELL YOUR ASS AGAIN THEN I WONT HESITATE TO HAVE YOU SIT IN THE SAME CHAIR AS DONNY." Simon was enraged and annoyed, but David didn't seem upset with Simon.

He turned his head to Simon and said in a calm voice, "Who the fuck did you say was sitting in the chair, Simon?"

I could feel a tenseness in air as it flowed in from the outside and I slowly turned my head to look at Simon to wait for an answer, too. Simon gulped because for whatsoever reason, he was nervous. I could see it just by the rush of pale that was on his face. "Now, David. Don't get-"

"IM GONNA MURDER HER RIGHT NOW!" He hollered and tried to jump over me to get to the back seat. The other two goons had to grab his legs and pull him back away from the comatose girl in the seat.

When they finally got him out of the car, he pushed the other two off of him. By this time, Simon had left the car to stand in front of the taller gentlemen outside. "Do you know who that is?" Simon said nothing. He looked up at the man with a straight face. "That girl has ruined mine and my daughter's life. Now, if you want me in on this, you better believe she's gonna die."

Simon turned his head to see that I was watching and listening and smirked over before stepping a little closer and handing David a blue phone. The one Donny had in her skirt pocket. David flicked the screen and Simon started to explain his reasonings. "That woman that 'your' Donny had been texting for almost four years off of that phone has the same exact number as a woman that stays in my house and takes care of my child, David." David continued to scroll through texts, still listening to the more dominant man. "This girl is just a pawn in a fucking game. Maybe you can take care of your problem later, but what I need for you to help me do is to beat and scare the shit out of this insensitive prick to the very edge of her life and send her off to some nice ClubMed to rehabilitate herself. I have plans and they are not for this young girl. Do you understand me?" David looked up from the phone into Simon's eyes and nodded with a sad expression. He then handed back the phone and the rest of them got into the car.

For the most part it was a quiet ride. That was until Simon decided to finally speak up and introduce the rest of them. "Oh yeah, Lauren!" Simon said in a friendly voice. The voice he only seemed to use for the girls and I or Y/N. Never for his colleagues. "I forgot to introduce the rest of these men to you. They are my partners and we are definitely going to need your help since you seemed pretty sure you wanted to come along."

"I had to."

"Nevertheless, you're here. So, welcome. This person in the passenger is named Eskimo Joe, Joe for short." Joe waved back as Simon continued. "The person to your right is David. You know that already. And the guy in the back is Scott." I looked to the giant man in the back and nodded because I was feeling just slightly uncomfortable.

Simon turned left onto a dirt road that took us on a long quiet trip. Finally, we started to come up on some trees which soon became nothing but trees that were surrounding this car sized pathway. Soon there came a clearing and we began driving up to a huge warehouse out in the middle of nowhere. It reminded me a lot of a movie I had seen once where there were cannibalistic hillbillies in the forest, but I wasn't too afraid of getting murdered by some psychos with the protection of the big men surrounding me.

Simon looked back at all of us and started to give orders. "Scott, pull the girl out of the car, and Lauren, I'll need you to tie her in one of the chairs in there. There should be rope and duct tape in the office. David and Joe, you'll be coming to the back with me."

The men all nodded to each other at one time and got out of the car, and I followed their lead to start going inside. My nerves were already starting to freak me out and it had only just begun.

+

a/n: the next update is between reflection and moonlight. which should I update next?

#AGFto3K

-agf