twenty-three

CAMILA'S POV

I closed the door and looked at the three other girls in the vacant hall, re-realizing one person wss gone and I calmed down. "Guys, I don't think I can do this. I can't lie to her."

"Her?" Dinah asked.

"Yeah, her."

"That's a lot of emphasis on 'her', Camila. I'm just saying." Normani jumped in.

"She's a friend now. To me. And to you all. You know that." I looked down at the ground in remorse. "I think I should just go home if you all want me to lie to her."

"It's not safe." Normani said, stepping in front of me. "If Joan is missing then maybe we are here for a reason. We are safe where there are officials and security. Real protection."

"Then what do you want me to do? Because she's going to ask me where I was earlier and I'm gonna probably blurt something out that I shouldn't say." I nervously objected to her protectiveness.

"Go make out with her. I don't care. Do whatever you can to not talk or look at her. If your lips are already busy, you won't be doing 'nun-a-this'." Normani mocked me using her hand as a mouth. Ally smacked her arm and Normani chuckled, "What? I'm just kidding. It's not like Camila is even brave enough to kiss Y/N. Especially around us." She turned to her other half. "Hey, Dinah? When's the last time you saw Camila getting some? Like anything. At all. Kissing, a lil touchin'. I just need a general date or place. What? Oh. Brazil? AmIrite?"

"Yeah, probably Brazil." Dinah sighed. "I mean, the rest of the time you have Sinu with you and you just play that guitar. So, I haven't seen you with too many guys or girls, actually."

"I'm friends with Diplo." I said to them.

"Yeah, piano and EDM buddies." Normani laughed. "Real sensual."

"Quit peer pressuring her, y'all." Ally scolded the two girls before looking at me. "Just sit where Dinah was sitting and stay away from Y/N. Okay?"

Normani and Dinah winked at me as a signal to go in there and follow their advice.

My hand touched the handle and I took a deep breath before turning the knob to enter in. Y/N was scrolling on an iPad that Joan had brought from her from home. She was so unaware of the world until she saw me out of the corner of her eye and gave me a confused look but went back to her iPad.

I looked back at the three girls who seemed to be in a deeper conversation that I was not welcome in. I decided to just go back in and take a seat in Dinah's spot like I was told to do.

I reached down for Dinah's bowl and sat it in my lap to pretend to watch the movie I had lost interest in almost a hour ago. 

"What're you doing in DJ's seat, Camila?" Y/N asked from behind me.

"Dinah asked me to trade her so I did." I told her.

"Well, you still never answered my question."

"Question?" I played dumb. "What question?"

"The question I asked before you pulled the girls out of the room. I mean, you were acting really strange."

I turned my body so i could look at Y/N, "I was?"

"You still are." She giggled.

Her laugh eased my tensions and I calmed down. I brushed the stray brunette clumps of hair out of my face and sighed, "Yeah, I'm sorry about all of that. They kept teasing me out there, so I'm a little shook up."