Chapter 28

CHARACTER VIEWS DO NOT REPRESENT MY OWN. Please be civil in the comment section.

PSA: Shay and Cole's relationship is not healthy!! It's not 'goals.' This is fictional. Aspire to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't insult/hurt/degrade you and wants to take arty and hoeish pictures with you. That is all.

I'm not saying don't ship them (I ship them) but just be aware of their toxic relationship.

This chapter is split into two parts.

Miss. Rift was my form teacher. Old, head full of burnt grey curls, and giant mole on the tip of her nose. It stood out like a sore thumb and I couldn't help but gaze at it as she yelled at me. "It's simply unacceptable! First week in and you've already missed seven lessons. What do you have to say for yourself? And I've got a complaint from Mr. Berkowicz, you cannot go around assaulting other students no matter what they say. I understand you're –" she lowered her voice "having problems at home but you will not be treated as a special case. Your brother seems to be doing well. Settled in and has already made friends. It'd be nice for you to do the same. Now I've asked your teachers to email you the work you've missed. Try to catch up, will you?"

"Of course. I'm sorry, Miss. It won't happen again."

"Hmm." She peered down at me, crossing out something in her notebook, "Mr. Berkowicz is allowing you back into his class. But before that you will apologise to Ivy Winters."

"I will," I assured and half an hour later I found myself standing in front of Ivy the cunt and her pinched-faced friends. Joe wasn't here yet. Room 309 was locked. The class was goofing around in the hallway. "Sorry for pulling your hair."

"You stupid bitch," she touched her hair gently as if her scalp was still throbbing with pain, "I had to go to the hospital. You're an animal. I should sue you."

I pulled out a fiver, tossing it at her. "Here. This can go towards the cost of a lawyer."

Rachel sneered at me coldly. Before she could throw in her two cents, Irvin jostled his way through the crowd, arm hanging off my shoulder, sunglasses on indoors. "What's going on?"

"Control your friend. She attacked Ivy." Rachel and her goddamn big mouth.

"Ivy's a big girl. Let her speak. You got a problem, Ivy?" Irvin asked.

She scoffed softly, throwing her hair over her shoulder. "We're good. Stay out of my way, hoe."

"OK." I said. That was a reasonable request. I didn't want to be in her way other than to trip her up as she walks down a set of stairs and breaks her neck. "You didn't have to come to my defence." I said to Irvin as we separated from Ivy and her gang of fuglies.

"She's my ex. I know what a bitch she can be. You're welcome, by the way."

"Ex? Didn't know you liked trolls. Anyway," I took off his sunglasses. "Yikes. You look like shit. Are you hungover? You got back late and drunk."

His hair wasn't combed, his t-shirt was creased and his eyes were droopy and baggy. "You should've woke me up. I missed Maths."

"I figured you'd want another day to stay in," I said as Joe came walking down the hallway, papers in his hand, hurrying to open the door. He stood in the doorway and then held out a hand for me to wait. Here we go, I thought.

"Put these on my desk, Irvin." He instructed and then shut the door. He didn't look pleased. "What you did the other day was unacceptable. And then running away when I told you to wait outside the class? I can let students fool around but don't take advantage. I'll ban you from class if you step a toe out of line again. You got it?"