Part 38: Request #20

Tumblr Request from lahey-whittmore: Imagine Isaac bring your boyfriend and getting very protective of you when your ex boyfriend Jackson returns to Beacon Hills

I just saw a gif of Jackson and I suddenly became unstable... Hope this imagine is alright wih the request! Hope you guys like this one :)

~~~

When books kept saying that wolves were territorial, you weren't too sure in believing them at first. But after seeing just how territorial they can be, you immediately changed your mind.

"Isaac I swear-" you turned around from your locker, making the hands that covered your eyes fall to the sides.

You were not expecting a Jackson Whittmore to be in front of you with a grin that could make any girl in school melt- with the exception of a certain number of people you knew, his arms wide open as if he was expecting you to jump in his arms and give him a hug. But when he noticed that you weren't going to hug him any time soon, his arms dropped to his side and looked at you questioningly.

"What?" He asked with brows furrowed. "No 'Oh my god, Jackson! You're here!'?"

"Oh...Uh, h-hey, Jackson?" You greeted, sounding awkward rather than welcoming.

"What's wrong?" He asked, his hand adjusting on the strap of the bag on his back and one that seemed to be a lacrosse equipment bag he's hand-carrying.

"I'm just surprised you're here," your hands gesturing to all of him.

"Is it a bad thing?" He asked, a puzzled frown on his face before it turned into a smile. "Or is it a good thing?"

Before you can answer him, you recognized a familiar arm wrapped itself around your waist.

"Lahey," You didn't miss the surprise in Jackson's voice when he saw Isaac stand beside you.

Isaac only looked at Jackson with one brow raised, his hold on you tightening and drawing you closer to his tall lean but muscular build, not hurting you but making you feel somewhat secure. You noticed his jaw clenched when you looked up to him, and you knew he was holding himself back for some reason.

"So," Jackson gave a nod of understanding. "You two, huh?" He gestured a finger to you and the werewolf beside you.

"Why? Is there a problem?" came Isaac's out of character answer, surprising both you and Jackson at how forward Isaac was being with the guy in front of you when a few years back the old Isaac would be cowering in fear whenever Jackson was around-well until the curly haired boy turned into a werewolf that is.

Isaac isn't like this to any of the boys you got to talk to or interact with in school, even if they were one of his teammates in lacrosse or just regular students who attended classes with you.

This was a first.

"Wow," Jackson smirked at the said boy, a little impressed with the change in him before giving a pat on his arm only to receive a disapproving glare from the taller of the two and a low growl that only you can hear.

You had to squeeze the hand that was on your hip to get his attention so he wouldn't phase right in the middle of the hallway, the attention of students on the three of you seeming to grow by the minute and you were not liking it one bit.

"Well, I should go." He said, giving you a wink before leaving you and Isaac alone.

Once Jackson was out of sight, you exhaled-not realizing that you were holding your breath all this time. You felt Isaac press his lips to your temple before you turned to your locker once Isaac drop his hold on you, you loaded the last textbooks in and took whatever you needed before the next class.

"You could've told me that the kanima- er um your ex was back in town," he said, leaning on the locker doors beside yours and you noticing how bitter he spoke about Jackson.

"I'm just as surprised as you are." You answered, zipping your bag closed and Isaac taking it and wearing it over his shoulders as you took the lacrosse stick from his hand to lighten his carried baggage.

For the next few days that followed, Jackson kept stopping by your locker every time he caught you either taking or putting my books in it and would take the time to make small talks with you. And of course, Isaac would come in and stare daggers at the other boy before he'd leave you alone. Isaac was always sure to either hold your hand or wrap his arm around your waist or anything to show who you were with whenever Jackson was around.

Sitting on the bleachers, you and Lydia watched the players of the school's lacrosse team as they geared up for the everyday practice-Jackson, being one of them, kept glancing your way... well it was either your way or Lydia's. You weren't sure.

"What's your ex doing here?" Scott asked when he walked up to you and the banshee beside you, and almost immediately taking the question back when he noticed the glance the two of you shared at the mention of your past relationship with the former kanima.

"Oh, right... Sorry," he apologized awkwardly making you lightly giggle and Lydia just sighed almost giving a laugh herself.

"We're just as clueless as you are, honestly." She replied, her eyes squinting a bit at the 12 noon sun shining too bright when she looked up at Scott after deciding that you and her would watch the lacrosse team's practice today during break time.

"I don't like it." Isaac suddenly spoke up, almost growling as he walked up to your side already in his lacrosse uniform and carrying his gear. You only smiled at him and held his glove covered hand in reply.

"Me neither," Stiles appeared beside Scott followed by Liam who was looking back and forth from the group and the person being talked about.

To say that the game ended badly was somehow an understatement when you had to run down the steps of the bleachers and try to pull Isaac off of Jackson with the help of Scott and Liam with Stiles already explaining to Coach Finstock about whatever reason he was making up with.

"Isaac," you called, trying to snap him out from his rage with his eyes unmistakably glowing a yellow color behind the face mask made of metal bars of the helmet while Jackson, to your surprise and eureka moment, had a glowing blue.

You thought quickly as you realized the reason behind the levelled rage. No wonder Isaac was acting angrier towards Jackson, he was a werewolf. And with werewolves came their territory and once another wolf crosses over, the other goes into a protective territorial mode.

Isaac was already starting to calm down, his hands on your waist as he stared daggers to Jackson who was already getting up before looking back to you.

You heard Coach Finstock shout curses and other colourful words on what just happened, a vein already noticeable on his temple as he shouted some more, shouting about how he doesn't want this on the game itself and that what just happened was a waste of time when they could've been doing drills instead of him shouting at them.

"Isaac," you called for his attention, the werewolf in front of you removing the helmet and panting out of breath.

"Sorry," he apologized as his now glove-free hand ran through his sweat soaked hair, removing the hair that matted on his forehead in the process.

"What happened?" You asked, before seeing the rest of the pack come over to also know what really did happen between the two.

"I-I don't know," Isaac muttered, his hand on your waist holding a bit tighter. "I just kept seeing you and him talking by your locker then I just attacked."

"Hmm, territorial much?" Stiles commented.

"Yeah, well it comes with being a werewolf," Scott sighed, standing beside his best friend.