Chapter 21

I walk into the living room and sigh. I like this house, for a start, it's an actual house and it's small, but spacious. Having a real bed is nice too, even if Gerard never sleeps in it. Speaking of which...
I bite my lip and stare at him, tears spilling down my cheeks. Gerard is curled up on the couch, his sleeping face peaceful. I can't handle this much longer. He's so happy and I'm being torn apart.
I kick his feet lightly and he jolts awake, sitting up quickly when he sees my tears.
"G-Gerard?"
"Frankie baby? What's wrong, come here!"
Gee opens his arms and I'm suddenly furious. How can he act like there's nothing wrong? I clench my fists at my sides, shaking a little.
"Why won't you sleep in the bed, Gerard?" I ask, trying to sound threatening. My voice comes out small and shaky and I curse to myself. I'm never going to be intimidating.
"Oh Frankie, Frankie..." Gerard murmurs, standing up and slowly pulling me against his chest. I try to fight the urge, but the habit is too strong to ignore, so I cuddle into his chest, burying my face in him. Gee strokes my hair slowly, rocking me a little.
"Frankie...I love you so so much. Trust me, I want to sleep in the bed with you...I have something to tell you and I should have said it a long time ago..."
I look up at him, a little scared.
"Let's sit down," he says softly, kissing my forehead. I let Gerard pull me down and into his lap, curling up against his chest.
"Frankie...I'm sick, baby. Inside..it's been wrong for a while. I-I'm gonna be okay, I think. But it's my heart..."
I break down sobbing and Gee holds me tight, rocking me slowly.
"Shh Frankie, shh. I didn't want to startle you or anything so I've been sleeping out here in case something goes wrong. I'm having surgery next week..."
~
We got into a small fight that night, about how Gerard should have told me and how he was sorry. It didn't last long and we never raised our voices. Afterwards, we cuddled on Gee's couch and watched cartoons until we fell asleep.
I woke up the next morning with Gerard next to me. He must have carried me to bed. I cuddle into him carefully, sighing quietly.
"Hey," he smiles, kissing my head. "I'm here Frankie baby..."
I smile back and wrap my arms around him, kissing the side of his head. "I know."
"I love you, Frankie..."
"I love you too, Gee."
Gerard doesn't say anything for a while, just burying his face in my neck and holding me tightly.
"Things are gonna be changing with us a little, Frankie..."
My heart sinks and I look up at Gee, scared.
"I'm gonna start taking you out again and cooking for you and watching silly movies with you. We're gonna be a good couple again, I promise."
I bite my lip as my eyes fill with tears. Gerard smiles and wipes my eyes gently, shaking his head.
"No crying, sweetie. There's nothing to be sad about."
I nod and cuddle into him, my fingers twisted in his shirt.
I wake up again to Gerard swearing quietly. He's not in the bedroom, so I get up and walk into the living room. Gerard is in the kitchen at the stove, tipping burnt pancakes onto a plate. I glance at the clock and giggle. We're both still teenagers at heart, having breakfast at one pm.
I creep up behind Gerard and slip my arms around his waist. He jumps, swearing again and then giggling.
"You scared me, silly!"
I grin up at him and he smiles, turning to hug me tightly. I nuzzle my face in his chest and he strokes my hair.
"Frankie honey, I have surgery later today..."
I look up at him, my hands shaking a little. "Gee?"
"It's just a pacemaker, Frankie. No biggie, I swear."
He kisses me lightly, tilting my chin up and running his thumb over my jaw. I purr softly as he breaks away and he smiles.
"I love you so much," Gerard murmurs, nuzzling my neck. I giggle and tug on his hair lightly.
"Gee! That tickles! I love you too, though," I smile, kissing him softly as he pulls away.
~
I run my finger over the short line of stitches, tears running down my cheeks. Gerard tilts my chin up, smiling.
"Hey...it's okay," he soothes, brushing my tears away and putting my hand over his heart. "I'm gonna be okay now."
I nod and force a smile, laying my head down on his chest. I can hear his slow, steady heartbeat through his chest.
"Gee?"
"Yes baby?"
"Are you gonna start sleeping here again?"
"Of course."
"And the band?"
"I'm not allowed to perform for a couple months, but we'll figure something out, okay?"
I nod and curl up, pressing my knees against Gerard's thighs. He smiles and tangles his fingers in my hair, kissing the back of my head.
"Get some sleep, love. You need it."
I close my eyes and slowly fall asleep, comfortable and safe in my Gee's arms.

_________

AN.

Thats it, that is the end. I hope you guys enjoyed ^_^ -T