Chapter 10

I answered the phone and stood there for awhile, watching Gerard and waiting for a reply from who ever was on the phone.

"Is this Frank A. Iero?" The voice asked. It was a man's voice, deeper than mine and sounded somewhat older too.
"Yeah..." I replied slowly.
"Hi, Frank, I know its been awhile and all but it's your father" The voice said.

I hadn't talked to my dad like ever really and I didn't have any intentions of talking to him. I started panicking and sat down on the couch.

"Uh, how did you find me?" I asked.
"You and your band played at a bar one night" My dad replied. "Frank, I would actually really like to go out for dinner with you, we can talk and hopefully make up for the time we missed."
"Sorry, but I'm really busy so no" I replied. Maybe a little harsh.

Gerard soon came back with a bowl of potato chips and sat down next to me, listening in on my conversation with my dad. My dad said that he understood and that he'd like to see me soon. I hung up the phone and fell down, laying my head in Gerard's lap. Gerard started stroking my hair before asking questions.

"Who was that?" Gerard asked.
"My..uh...my dad" I replied.
"and what did he say?"
"He said he wanted to meet up and have dinner with me soon." I said. "But I declined"
"Why, I think it would be good for you to meet up with him!" Gerard said.
"He left me and my mom when I was little and now he wants me to make up with him! Thanks, but no thanks" I replied.

I was now sitting up so Gerard now had his arm around my waist and kissed my temple. There was a long silent period before either of us said anything. Gerard was the first to say something while I kept quiet.

"Frank, please, you shouldn't hate him, he's your dad" Gerard said.

I didn't reply.

"Well I guess you shouldn't hate your dad either! You shouldn't hate him for beating you up, you shouldn't hate him for not letting you see me, you shouldn't hate him for putting Mikey in the hospital!" I yelled.

I could feel tears streaming down my face by now. I looked at Gerard, he looked petrified. He looked like he was scared and afraid of me. Gerard just stood up and walked to our bedroom, locking the door when it hit me what I had done. I walked over to our room and started banging on the door.

"Gerard! please open, babe I'm sorry for yelling" I sighed, trying to get him to open the door.
"Gerard!?" I yelled.

I never got an answer so I left Gerard alone and sat down on the couch, continuing to watch TV. The bowl of chips Gerard had gotten was still sitting by the couch so I finished the rest of them. It was a lot later in the day before Gerard came out of our room. When I saw him walk out, wrapped in a pile of blankets with extremely messy hair I ran up to him.

"Gee baby, I'm sorry" I said as I hugged him.
"It's okay Frank, I'm sorry I was pushing you" Gerard said.
"I think I'll go see my dad." I replied.
"That's great!" Gerard exclaimed.
"Can you come with me when I go though?" I asked.
"Sure, anything for you hun"

Gerard sighed and kissed the tip of my nose before he hugged me tightly. Gerard didn't let go of me, instead he picked me up and carried me to our room before setting me down on our mattress. Yes, the mattress wasn't comfortable but it was the best feeling when Gerard laid down beside me, holding me close to him.