Chapter 16

I stormed out of Gerard's and my apartment and got into Gerard's car. I started driving around, figuring out somewhere to go. The place I had decided on going to was to Belleville to talk to the rest of the band about what was going on.

I felt guilty leaving Gerard alone but I needed to get away from him. How could he do this to me? To himself? To us? And when I walked to Gerard all he said was "Oh shit." yes, he did apologize but I didn't care. I still couldn't believe him.

Yes, he was upset his parents found out about us but he didn't have to do drugs and get drunk. When I got to Belleville I drove to Mikey and Ray's house, well Ray's house really but Mikey had moved in.

I knocked on the door and when Mikey answered I jumped onto him and wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. Mikey asked what was wrong and I refused to answer so Mikey decided to let me inside and sit on the couch with me.

Even though it was a long time ago that Mikey and I dated, he still was nice to me and cuddled me and held me and tried to make me feel better. When Ray stepped in the room, I broke down and started telling both of them everything.

"Oh Frank..." Mikey started. "He'll get better, we will work on him, alright?" Mikey said.

I nodded.

"I can't believe Gee is doing this!" I cried out.

Mikey wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his lap. I hugged Mikey back and Ray was up and about. Soon Ray sat down beside me and handed me a glass of water. After my visit with Mikey and Ray which really was just sitting down and almost falling asleep on Mikey's shoulder. I stood at the front door, saying goodbye to both Ray and Mikey.

"Bye Frank, Gerard will get better, just keep an eye on him kay?" Mikey said.
"Bye Mikey" I said.

Mikey wrapped his arms around me and hugged me before I left. After the hug was done, Mikey lightly kissed my temple and said goodbye to me. I drove home and when I did, I realized the lights were still on which was weird because most nights Gerard would go to bed early.

I walked into the house through the unlocked door and searched for Gerard. I didn't want to see Gerard curled up, drunk and drugged up in the corner again, but I knew I would be wrong.

Gerard wasn't anywhere that I could see and I started to get worried until I walked into our bedroom.

Gerard was laying on the sheets. He smelt like marijuana and alcohol. I slapped my hand over my mouth and ran over to him, trying to wake him up.

"Gerard? I'm sorry for going, I should have stayed." I said.

I didn't get a reply.

"Gerard?" I asked again. I started shaking him back and forth to try and wake him up.
"Gee! Wake up!" I started yelling.

Gerard moved a bit but he didn't wake up.