Chapter 20

I had been waiting for a bit to tell Gerard this. Gerard and I had grown a bit apart in the last while. Over the past couple months since I'd been going to therapy. He wasn't entirely sure about this whole therapy thing and hadn't gone himself but I was trying to convince him to go.

I think that's the one thing that set him off.

Rather than sleeping in the same bed - erm...mattress, Gerard had been staying up late, until about three in the morning each night, watching TV and curled up on a ball on the couch. Then he'd fall right asleep on that couch.

I had gone out for groceries and now it was around seven in the evening and I had just returned to our home. Gerard had no clue what I was planning but I hoped he would be happy about it.

As I stepped into out house, holding plastic grocery bags in my hand, I called out, "I'm home!" I heard stirring from the living room and then walked to the kitchen, setting the grocery bags on the counter. Gerard walked into the kitchen and smiled at me. I smiled at him in return.

"Hey," I said and Gerard stepped close to me, pressing a quick kiss to my cheek.
"Hi," I replied and looked at Gerard, smiling softly. "How's it going?" I asked, wondering how Gerard was doing not having seen him since yesterday at noon.

"I'm okay," Gerard said and nodded before jumping up and sitting on the counter.

I chuckled softly and rolled my eyes at him, putting away the groceries and walking to where Gerard was, leaning up and pressing my lips to his softly. Gerard smiled into the kiss and cupped my cheeks, kissing me back lovingly. I quite missed this affection from him. We really hadn't kissed properly in three days and it was driving me insane. I was just happy that Gerard still loved me.

"Gee babe?" I asked once I pulled away from kissing him and sat down on the counter next to him.
"Yeah?" Gerard asked in reply.
"I've been saving up and recently I found some other place I'd like to live." I said and smiled weakly down at the ground. Gerard perked up a bit and looked at me.
"Really?" He asked. I nodded. "You really wanna move?" He asked and looked to me. I nodded again. "What's the house like?" He asked.

"Uh well it's nice and I don't really know how to explain it but it's in our price range," I said and shrugged my shoulders.

Gerard agreed to going to see the house with me.

About a week later, we had decided on moving. Gerard still slept on the couch which tore me apart but I tried not to think of it. We had packed up most of our stuff and I was ecstatic to finally get out of this place and let the bad memories drift away.

Gerard and I only had about two boxes left to pack up and I kept bugging him by poking him. He never got mad at me though.

We had packed up all our stuff and placed it in the moving van. Gerard and I walked about the house, saying goodbye and making sure that we didn't have anything we left. Gerard was waiting by the front door for me and I walked up to him, kissed his cheek and smiled.

"Are you okay to go?" I asked. Gerard nodded quickly.

We were ready to start the next chapter of our lives.

___________________

A/N: only one chapter left...