Chapter 11

In the morning I called my dad back and arranged that we meet up for dinner later in the day. In the morning I was sitting on the couch while Gerard was making pancakes in the kitchen. I walked up to him and looked at what he was doing from behind him. I had let my hands drift to his sides.

"Don't you dare tickle me" Gerard said. "Don't you dare. "Don't you-" I started tickling Gerard and he started curling up and trying to escape my grasp.
"Fucking..stop!" Gerard laughed.

I stopped and Gerard spun around, grabbing me. I felt like he was going to tickle me or maybe beat me up. Nothing serious like when I got beat up in high school, just play fight I guess. Gerard spun around and pressed his lips to mine, kissing me and backing up, to pin me against the wall. We were in the middle of kissing when we had both smelt something burning. Gerard pulled away and ran over to the pan where he was cooking. The pancakes he pulled out were black and burnt

"Oops" I said. Gerard just laughed.

Eventually Gerard and I sat down covering the not burnt pancakes in tons and tons of syrup. I was still nervous about going to see my dad later but Gerard had convinced me that it would be fine. Gerard and I had spent the entire day, lounging around the house and lazing about in our pyjamas. When it was around 5 o'clock Gerard made me get up and get dressed. I got dressed in my own jeans and once again threw on one of Gerard's shirts. All my shirts were clean, I just liked wearing Gerard's. They were comfortable so thats why I would always wear them. I grabbed my fingerless skeleton gloves and pulled them on, hoping to hide my ring.

"Why the gloves?" Gerard asked.
"I don't know if my dad is a homophobe, i'm not taking any chances." I replied.

Gerard nodded and we walked out the door and to the car. We drove to this one restaurant which looked nice. It sort of looked like neither I or Gerard belonged there. When I got inside the restaurant I could see a man waving at Gerard and I. We both walked over there and sat down opposite from my dad.

"Who's this?" My dad asked, motioning to Gerard.
"Dad, this is Gerard, my b-" I had caught myself. "Best friend"
"Nice to meet you Gerard" My dad said.
"You too, Mr. Iero" Gerard replied.
"You don't have to call me that, I'm not some sort of extremely fancy schmancy person. But it would get confusing considering my name is Frank too." My dad replied.

Most of the things we talked about were uncomfortable but the most uncomfortable one was when my dad asked me about having a girlfriend.

"So Frank, have you got a girl in your life?" My dad asked.
"Uhm...no..." I replied.

Our conversations were really awkward after all we had to catch up on all the years we'd missed which was a lot. Gerard answered for me sometimes because I didn't know what to say. We had ordered food and drinks and while we were waiting for the drinks my dad asked me something I didn't know how to answer.

"Frank, if you don't mind me asking, why do you have the scars on your face?"