Chapter Six

Sooooooooo :P  New character :P  What do you guys think of Weston?  Hehehehehehehehe   Heres the next chapter :) :D XD

Chapter Six

  "So you and Austen have been best friends for that long?"  Weston's eyes widened.

  "Yeah, six years."  We were sitting on a porch swing outside, and the party was winding down.

  "I've only been close with Jack for three."  It was silent after that.  I looked around aimlessly, letting my thoughts wander to Austen.  Why did he have to be so perfect?  My thoughts were interupted by Weston grabbing my hand.  "Zeek, you love him, don't you?"  I sighed.

  "Yes."

  "And he's straight?"

  "Yes."

  "Zeek, you shouldn't wait around for someone you know won't like you back.  You deserve better."

  "I can't help it!"  A small tear rolled down my cheek.

  "Zeek, have you ever tried moving on?"  I hated that he was right...

  "No..."

  "Don't you think you should?"

  "How do I move on though?"  I questioned.  He sighed and wiped the tears away with the sleeve of his jacket.

  "Go on a date with me."  I was shocked...  No one had ever asked me out before... "Just see how it feels, and if you honestly feel ike you still can't live without him, then we'll stay friends."  I thought about it for a moment.

  "Why do you want to help me so bad?"

  "Becuse I was just like you.  I loved someone who wouldn't love me back, so I moved on.  And now look at me.  I no longer have any romantic feelings toward the guy, and I can freely as out anyone I want to, without feeling guilty."  He stood up and pulled on my hand, wanting me to stand in front of him.

  "Why do you want to though?  Go out with me I mean... Just because you want to help me?"  He sighed and shook his head, pulling me up.

  "Because you're cute.  And you're funny, and you care about your friends and I may have only just met you, but I'm already getting addicted to your smile."  I blushed and hid my head.  "So... you never answered my question..."

  "Yes."  He smiled at me and gave me a hug.

  "I would kiss you, but we just met."  He whispered in my ear. I laughed and pushed him away.

  "That would've been wierd."  We stayed outside for a few more minutes until he saw me struggling to keep my eyes open.

  "Come on, I'l give you a ride."  I yawned again and nodded.  I tried to stand up, but stumbled, making Weston catch me again.  "How many times am I gonna catch you?"  He laughed and picked me up.

  "You don't have to carry me."  I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck so I wouldn't fall.

  "Obviously I do, cuz you can't walk by yourself..."  I stuck my tongue out at him and laid my head on his shoulder.  "Don't fall asleep yet, I don't know where your house is."  He set me in the passenger seat of his car and shut the door for me.

  "Johnson Street."  I mumbled.  "Third house.  Should have a pool in the neighbor's yard."  

  "You aren't even gonna stay awake for the ride?"

  "I can't... I'm gonna pass out on you."  He laughed and took my hand in his again.

  "I'll wake you up when we get there."  I nodded and eventually fell asleep.

  "Zeek, we're here."  Weston lightly shook me.  I opened my eyes and saw my house in front of me.

  "Thanks for the ride Weston."

  "My pleasure.  I'll walk you up."  He climbed out of the car and rushed to my side, opening the door before I could.  

  "Chivalry isn't dead after all."  I smiled and led him towards the door.  "Do you want to come in?"

  "No, I have to get home soon.  I'll pick you up on Friday at seven.  Okay?"  I nodded and Weston pulled me into a hug.

  "Goodnight Weston."

  "Buonanotte angelo."  I pulled away slightly to give him a curious look.  He just kissed my forehead and gave me one last wave before he left.  I stood alone for a few minutes before I finally gathered myself and went inside.

  "Hey Zeeky.  How was the party?"  My stomach flipped at the sound of his voice...  Getting over him wasn't going to be easy.

  "Hey Austen.  It was good.  Why are you still here?"

  "I was waiting for you.  We've been sleeping in the same bed for two nights now, and I guess I just got used to it."  He looked at the ground.  "I'll just go home."

  "Austen, wait.  You don't have to go home.  I like our sleeping arrangements."  He looked up and smiled.

  "Good.  Let's go to bed then."  I followed him to my room and quickly changed into my pajamas, climbing into my bed.  

  "Night Austen."

  "Night Zeeky."  He wrapped his arms around me like normal and I knew I could never have these types of feelings with Weston.  I felt safe with Austen... Austen was my rock...my home...my solace...

Maybe I should stop writing cute scenes so early in the chapter...  That would definitely help in making the chapter longer... ohhh welllll... I was listening to the song Arms by Christina Perri when I wrote this, so that explains Zeek's lil thing at the end... plus it tied in with the title :P  For some reason I can't upload the video to go along with this, but I will keep trying :P