Chapter Twelve

Hey guys :)   Here's an all new chapter of Solace :P     This story is fun to write.  I feel as though I know the characters... I feel sad when they're sad and happy when they're happy.    There's a little bit of me in every character, which makes this story that much more personal.   Thank you to everyone who's reading this, and please enjoy this chapter.   Comment or message me if you have any thoughts or suggestions <3  Love you :)

Chapter Twelve- Austen's POV

 I woke up with the most adorable sight.  Zeek's head was laying on my chest and he was fast asleep with is soft snores and his fluttering lashes.  I was going to have to tell him I loved him soon... Watching him kiss that guy nearly killed me, and it was all fake...

Flashback to the night before...

  "Austen!  Can I get cotton candy?"  I smiled at my little sister Emma and nodded.  My parents were having dinner with friends, so I was babysitting.  Instead of sitting around the house moping about how the love of my life didn't even remember our first kiss, I decided to take Emma to the bowling alley.  Of course, even when I try to get away from Zeek, he always found a way to sneak back in...  I saw him and a tall stranger bowling in a nearby lane.  They laughed and flirted, making my heart sink.  Then he tackled Zeek onto the ground.  I got closer to see if he was okay, and istantly regretted it.  They were kissing... They were on a date...  I was too late for him...

  "Emma, can I get you cotton candy at the movies instead?"  She nodded with a big smile on her face as I grabbed her hand and pulled her away, unable to watch the happy couple any longer.

Flashback over

 I felt the biggest relief ever when Zeek told me how he wasn't dating the guy, and how he was just playing cupid.  I couldn't help but think about if that really had been a real date.  And it scared me.  I knew I had to tell him, and I had to tell him soon.

  "Morning Austen."  I looked up and saw Naomi in the doorway.

  "Do you always come into bedrooms while people are asleep?"

  "I wanted to talk to Zeek.  He went out with Jack's cousin, Weston, last night and apparently he looked sad and left early by himself." 

  "He didn't say anything about that.  Well he told me he was with a friend, but he didn't say anything about leaving early."

  "Austen, I've been meaning to ask you something, but I didn't know if my suspicions were true or not, but just looking at the two of you now makes me wonder even more... Do you like Zeek?"  I glanced at Zeek to make sure he was still sleeping.  He was.

  "Yes... I do."

  "Like as in he's a nice guy or as in you want to be lovers forevahhhhhh?" She dragged on the last word and said it in a baby voice, making me smile and roll my eyes.

  "I'm in love with him."

  "OH MY SHIZNITS!  I'm such a lucky girl!!! TWO GAY BFFS!!!"  

  "Naomi, shhh.  You'll wake him up."

  "Too late."  I heard a sleepy whisper coming from my chest.

  "Zeek!  How much of that did you hear?"  

  "Just a bunch of yelling.  I don't know what she said though."  Good...

  "Well, since you're up... I need to talk to you... Austen, go away."  Naomi ordered.  Zeek lifted his head off my chest and I tightened my arms around him, giving him a hug, then letting him go, walking out of the room.

  "Morning Austen!"  

  "Good morning Jules."  I greeted Zeek's mom and sat at the table across from Emily, his sister.

  "Hey Em!  Where have you been?  Haven't seen you around."

  "Me and Beverly went to Florida with Sarah."  Beverly as one of my two little sisters.  She was thirteen, while Emma was four.

  "Austen, Zeek's phone has been ringing off the hook, can you bring it to him?"  I took Zeek's phone and went to his bedroom.  I was about toopen the door, but I froze...

  "Zeek!  You promised you would tell Austen when I told Jack.  You need to tell him!"

  "I can't!"

  "What about that dream?  Don't you want it to be real?  What if it was real?"

  "You sound like Weston."

  "What did Weston say?"

  "He said that the kiss and Austen saying he loved me was probably the last thing I remembered before I fell, and that Austen didn't say anything because he thinks I don't remember."      He remembered it?  I was about to barge in and say it all again, but I didn't.  Just because he remembered the kiss, doesn't mean he likes me...

  "See!  What if Weston is right?"

  "And what if he's wrong?"

  "Do you love Austen?" Yea, did he?!?!

  "Yes."  HE SAID YES!  HE LOVES ME! OMYGERDDDDD.

  "How much do you love him?"

  "A lot."

  "Do you want to be with him?"

  "Of course I do."  ME TOO!

  "And how is that supposed to happen when he doesn't even know you love him?  Zeek, I know how you feel.  I went through that with Jack too, but trust me.  It is worth it."

  "What if he doesn't love me back?  What if he gets mad and doesn't talk to me?"  I had enough of hiding behind the door.  I opened it and looked at Naomi's cheshire grin and Zeek's horrified blushing face.

  "How much of that conversation did you hear?"  He whispered.

  "Almost all of it."  He looked scared.

  "Well I'm gonna leave you two to talk."  Naomi winked at both of us and left, shutting the door on her way out.

  "Zeek?  Are you okay?"  He was crying...  And sobbing... Ans it looked like he was terrifyed...

  "I'm so sorry Austen..."I rushed him into a hug and he buried his face in my neck like always.

  "Zeek, you have nothing to be sorry about.  Why do you think you need to apologize?"

  "I ruin everything."     I pulled away a little so I could look at him, but of course, he still wasnt looking at me... That made me remember something.... A while ago, when Zeek said he loved someone, he said he could never look into their eyes... I was the only person he did that to... I should've noticed a long time ago!

  "Zeek.  We've been best friends for almost six years.  The best six years of my life so far.  My life would be ruined if you weren't in it.  Do you want to know why?"  He looked in my eyes... Finally.

  "Why?"

  "Because I love you too."

XD   FINALLY  :p   I decided to not make you wait any longer :D  Even I was excited for this XD  I will upload soon!!!   ~Ashykins