Chapter Nine

Hey guys :)  I'm sorry about the late update... I was with a friend all week... XD  Here you go :D  *Sorry about the cliffhanger you will see at the end...  :P

Chapter Nine

  "Party time!!!"  I rolled my eyes at Naomi and nervously pulled at my skin tight shirt.  We were in my room, just finishing getting ready for the party

  "Naomi, why are you making me wear this?"  

  "Don't you want Austen to think you're hot?  Trust me, he won't be able to keep his eyes off you."  I sighed and wiped my sweaty palms on my skinny jeans.

  "Naomi, he's straight.  I'm pretty sure he won't even notice."

  "Zeek, you look freaking sexy as hell... He'd have to be blind not to notice you, and even if he is straight, this outfit will shove him out of the closet faster than you can blink."  I felt a small smile sneak its way onto my face.  "Now come on, Jack is waiting for me at the house, and Austen is waiting for you downstairs."  I took a deep breath and brushed my dark hair from my eyes, following Naomi.

  "Jeez, what took you guys so long?  I've been waiting fore-."  Austen froze in the middle of his sentence.  I looked up at him and felt  warm blush creeping up my face.  He was staring at me.  The way his eyes travelled across my body sent shivers up my spine... Was he checking me out?

  "Austen, are you okay?"  He jumped and shook his his head, as if he was clearing his thoughts.

  "I'm fine.  Are you guys ready to leave?"  Naomi nodded and pulled the both of us to her car, shoving us in the backseat.  But, because she pushed me in right after Austen, causing me to fall onto his lap.

  "My niece decided to cut the seat belts, so there's only one left that works.  You're gonna have to share it."

  "No, it's fine, Austen can have it."  I attempted to get off of Austen's lap, but he held me there.

  "I don't want you to go without one.  We'll just share."  He smiled and buckled the seat belt around both of us.  Scared of letting out any embarrassing sigh of happiness or comment, I attempted to hold by tongue between my teeth.  "Zeek, you're tongue is gonna fall off if you keep doing that."  Austen laughed.

  "Sorry.  Trying not to sneeze."  I lied.  Just then, Naomi slammed on the breaks causing me to jerk forwards, and Austen to wrap his arms protectively around me... Not that I minded that...

  "AHHHH!  DID YOU SEE THAT?  THERE WAS A BUNNY IN THE ROAD!"

  "How far away is the party?"  Austen asked, not moving his arms.

  "Like an hour."  An hour... on Austen's lap... Without going insane..  HOW AM I GOING TO SURVIVE THIS?!

  "Good."  I heard Austen whisper to himself as his grip tightened.

  "We have to get Jack first."  We pulled up to Naomi's house.  "I'll be right back guys."  She got out of the car leaving Austen and I by ourselves.

  "So... You look... nice."  I shivered and bit my lip at the feeling of his warm breath on the back of my neck.

  "Thanks.  You too." I refused to look at him.

  "Zeek, how come you never look me in the eyes?  You always look away from me... Just me... You don't have a problem with anyone else..."  

  "I- I'm sorry Austen..."  I tilted my head up so I could look him in the eyes, then broke down.  Next thing I knew, I was soaking Austen's shoulder with my tears.

  "Zeek, shhh.  It's okay."  He slowly rubbed his fingers on my spine and held me close to him.  "Zeek, what's wrong?"

  "I- I just... I can't Austen... I'm so sorry."  Guilt ate away at my heart as I sat there and refused to tell him my feelings.

  "Zeek, please... You're scaring me."  He lifted my chin and wiped the tears from my face with his thumbs.  "Zeek, I can see you're depressed, and I tried letting it go but I can't anymore."

  "I'm sorry."  I just sniffled and wiped the wetness from my face.

  "Will you ever tell me?"

  "Yes.  I just don't know when."  He sighed and put a forced smile on his face.

  "Then I will wait."

  "Austen..."  I laid my head on his chest and sighed. "Do you remember when you sang me to sleep?"

  "Yes.  You were scared."

  "You should do that more often.  You have an amazing voice."

  "How about you sing to me?"

  "I suck though..."

  "I've heard you sing before... You don't suck.  Just sing whatever song pops into your head."

  "You put your arms around me and I believe, that it's easier for you to let me go.  You put your arms around me and I'm home."  I sang softly to him.  

  "See, you sounded beautiful.  What made you think of that song?"

  "I don't know... Just  a good song..."  LIES... 'Because it describes every feeling that I've ever had about you' is what I should've said...

  "It is."  There was a sweet silence between us, until Naomi returned with Jack at her side.  

                                                                           ***

  "Zeek, there's a bunch of people upstairs playing truth or dare!  Come on!"  Naomi pulled me up the stairs to a group of drunken teenagers sitting in a circle.

  "I wanna go first!"  I cheery looking blond jumped up from some guy's lap.  She scanned the group, settling on Naomi.  "Truth or dare?"

  "Truth."  Naomi stated.

  "How many boyfriends... or girlfriends if you're into that, have you had?"

  "One.  Which is my current boyfriend."  She smiled at Jack who was sitting next to her.  That's when I noticed Austen was there too.  Right across from me.

  "Okay, I'm next!"  

We played for a while before someone picked me.  It was the same blond girl as before.

  "Truth or dare?"  

  "Truth."  I'm a wimp...

  "What's a secret you have that nobody in this group knows?"  My heart...  Naomi and Jack left the game a while ago, so I couldn't count them... Then there was only one thing left...

  "Can I change to dare?"

  "Fine.  I dare you to answer that question."  I mentally smacked my head.  WHY!!!???  I could lie?  No... then Austen would know I was lying... Well... here goes nothing...

  "I'm... I um... I..."  I took a deep breath and stared straight into the heavenly eyes in front of me.  "I'm gay."  I saw the shock register on everyone's face... But not Austen's... Nope... I ran away before I could.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE     I'M EVIL... I will update soon, I promise :D  And the next chapter will be longer...  It will have multiple POV'S :P   Oh!!!  And Zeek will be played by the extremely attractive and talented and Polish actor, Jakub Gierszal