Chapter Twenty Four

Okay.  Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the adorableness of Zeek and Austen?  Yes?  Ok *silence*  ...  ...  OKAY. ENOUGH SILENCE.  Did you guys like the last chapter?  Ya?  Nah?  okay.  Oh. and btw, in case you don't know, the song Zeek sang in the previous chapter is "If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn" by Sleeping with Sirens. *swoons*  Once I get to an actual working computer, I will put the video on thereee...  Okay. I have some things to say at the end, so stick around after the chappie, mmtay?  <3  OH  And I may or may not have a little surprise here for yaaaa...  We all read about the first time Zeek knew he loved Austen...but we never learned about how Austen's feelings started, have we? hehehehehe 

WARNING.  THIS CHAPTER HAS ADORABLENESS SO GO GET TISSUES RIGHT NOW.  OKAY IMMA ACTUALLY WRITE THE STORY NOW.  GOODBYE.  

Chapter Twenty Four- Austen's POV

I loved waking up with Zeek next to me.  I almost always woke up before he did, and I took advantage of that.  I couldn't help but smile and the cute, sleepy smile that was on his face, or the way his eyelashes fluttered against his cheeks.   I honestly don't know what I would have done if he hadn't have made his way into my life.  I know I hated my mother at the moment, but I had to love her at the same time.  It was her who made the decision of moving us from our tiny little home seven hours away, to here.  Obviously I wasn't exactly thrilled.  I had made friends back home, and it was hard to leave them behind.  I promised them I would stay in touch, but we never talked again.  I still had family there, so it was hard to leave it all behind.  But, when I first laid my eyes on Zeek, I knew my life changed.  I didn't realize I was actually in love with him until a couple years ago, although I now know I have loved him all along.  It was actually kind of obvious... We were closer than most boys our age.  We didn't really have any other friends until Naomi and Felicity came along... I wasn't too thrilled with it at first, thinking Zeek would fall for one of them.  He told me once he thought they were pretty, but "not his type."  The only thing I regret about this whole thing, was not realizing my feelings sooner...Or coming clean about it sooner... I had hurt him for so long being with Kylee, thinking that I was just making things eaasier4...fr me anyway.  I ended up hurting us both.  Kylee wasn't always mean.  When I asked her out, she was sweet and pretty,  I don't mean to sound arrogant or anything, but I was pretty popular.  Naturally, because we were together, she grew in popularity too.  Apparently it got to her head and that was when she changed.  She dressed sluttier and joined the cheerleading squad.  She also got a whole new attitude and personality.  The only reason I stayed with her, or even asked her out to begin with, was to keep Zeek from finding out my feelings... I panicked!  I suddenly felt things I had never felt about anyone, and towards my best friend!  I was scared...  I can still remember when I first realized I loved him...I was such an idiot...

Flashback-Two years ago (Age 16)

  "Hey Honey, when is Zeek getting here?"  My mother asked, wiping her brow.  It was in the beginning of August and it was blazing hot.

  "Anytime.  I think I'll wait for him in the pool."  She smiled and kissed my forehead.  I made my way out the back door, slipping my shoes off on the patio, along with my sweat drenched tank top and shorts.  When I reached the edge of the pool, I dove in.  I swam a few laps, not surfacing until I heard another splash nearby.  I wiped the water out of my eyes when I felt something brush against my ankle.  I smirked and dove under, grabbing onto Zeek's leg and pulled him under.  I pushed myself above the surface and laughed , waiting for him to come up.  He didn't.  Zeek had never been the greatest swimmer...He could float and paddle, but that was about it.