Chapter Twenty Nine

It's been forever and a day since I have written anything on this story.. or anything on wattpad really. And I know. I suck. Well. I'm trying xD I've just been dealing with a lot and haven't been up to doing any writing.
Another thing, this is the last chapter. It's been too long since I've started writing this story, and I can't relate to these characters anymore, and I feel like it doesn't go with my writing style anymore. I'm still writing sappy love stories, don't worry. But they probably won't be as fluffy and cliche as this. I'm so thankful for everyone who has left such sweet comments and messages. Thank you to everyone who has read this trainwreck. I hope you've enjoyed it. I haven't yet decided if I want to write a sequel or a spinoff or something, because there was a lot going on in this book anyway. If I do decide to write something else based on this, it won't be for a long time. And I do plan on doing some hardcore editing and rewriting eventually too. This version will still be up, however, until it is finished.
Thank you all for your patience <3 I love you!

Chapter Twenty Nine
Zeek's POV
The day was quiet after Austen's mom left. She had called his phone a few times, but he never picked up.

  "Zeek?" Austen whispered softly. His head was in my lap and my fingers were running through his hair.

  "Yeah babe?" He sat up.

  "Do you think we could start um...looking for apartments? I'm scared my mom will force me to leave with her...I know I seemed confident earlier, but I was just thinking, and what if she actually does it? What if she takes me away from you?" He sniffled, and I realized he was crying, but he continued anyway. "I'll be eighteen soon anyway, and then she can't really say anything, and if money is a problem, I have my college fund, which I was never planning on using anyway, and we can get jobs and we can live wherever we want. I don't care, as long as I'm with you," he finished, reaching over to wipe a tear I hadn't realized had fallen from my cheek. I was shocked. I knew we had discussed getting an apartment before, but it hadn't really registered in my head that it could actually be a possibility, but as I thought about it more, the more I wanted to do it.

  "Are you sure?" I felt overjoyed.

  "I'm sure. Only if you want though..." He bit his lip, a thing he had done for as long as I known him whenever he was feeling anxious. I reassured him with a watery smile and nodded.

  "I do. I really want this." He grinned back and moved his head toward mine, connecting our lips for a soft kiss.

  "I love you," he murmured against my lips.

***

"That one's nice, don't you think?" Austen whispered against my shoulder as I scrolled through a list of available apartments.
  "It is, but don't you think it's a bit pricey?" We'd been searching for a few hours and we had narrowed it down to two possibilities. One near us, and one in a few towns over. The closer one was cheaper, but I knew Austen was keen on having a fresh start somewhere on our own. The further apartment was more expensive, and because it was out of town, we'd have to wait several months for graduation before we could move. However, it was practically perfect. It was just outside the big city, and even allowed pets. Granted neither of us had any, it wasn't a total loss if we weren't permitted to have animals in the apartment, but we were both animal lovers and had discussed getting a cat or dog... or both.
  "Why don't we sleep on it, yeah? We still have plenty of time to decide," Austen yawned and kissed my shoulder.
  "You're right. I'm getting tired anyway," I shifted to where my head was on his chest while he covered our bodies with my thick quilt.
  "Hey Zeeky?"
  "Yeah, Babe?"
  "Thank you...for everything. For loving me, for letting me stay here, for being my best friend, and the love of my life. I don't know what I would do without you, honestly." I could feel a wide smile begin to stretch across my face.
  "You don't have to thank me for anything, Love," I whispered, looking up at him. He picked his head up slightly, enough to place a soft kiss on my forehead.
  "Goodnight, Zeeky. I love you, so much."
  "Night, Aussie. I love you too."

And with that, we both fell into a deep slumber, excited for what was to come, knowing as long as we had each other, we could get through anything.

The End <3