Chapter Ten

Hellooooo <3  Hehehehe... sorry bout the cliffhanger... you're still gonna have to wait a lil bit to see what happens :P  Love youuuuu <3  And yes... I'm a jerk... You will all hate me after this, but trust me... It's leading up to something :P

Chapter Ten- Austen's POV  (Before the party)

I anxiously tapped my foot.  Naomi and Zeek had been upstairs getting ready for almost an hour!  Finally, I heard footsteps coming down the steps.

   "Jeez, what took you guys so long?  I've been waiting fore-." I froze when I saw Zeek.  He was wearing a very tight black tee that showed off his delicious muscles, and white skinny jeans.  His hair was combed to the side, making his amazing eyes visible.

  "Austen, are you okay?"  I shook my head, clearing my mind from any risque thoughts.

  "I'm fine.  Are you guys ready to leave?"  Naomi just nodded and pulled us outside to her car, shoving me inside first.  She pushed Zeek in after, making him fall on my lap.

   "My niece decided to cut the seat belts, so there's only one left that works.  You're gonna have to share it."

  "No, it's fine, Austen can have it."  Zeek attempted to climb away, but I didn't let him... Not only did I want him to have the seatbelt, but I also enjoyed having him on my lap...

  "I don't want you to go without one.  We'll just share."  I buckled us both in and Naomi began driving.  That's when I noticed Zeek biting on his tongue, quite hard too.  "Zeek, you're tongue is gonna fall off if you keep doing that."   He nervously laughed and said something about having to sneeze, which I knew was a lie.  He only did that when he was trying not to say something.  Suddenly, Naomi slammed on the brakes, making me wrap my arms around Zeek.... It was a protective instinct... I couldn't help it...

  "AHHHH!  DID YOU SEE THAT?  THERE WAS A BUNNY IN THE ROAD!"  I just rolled my eyes at Naomi and held Zeek a bit tighter.

   "How far away is the party?" Translation: how long do I get to hold the most beautiful human being on my lap?

  "Like an hour."   I smiled happily.

  "Good."  I whispered quietly to myself.

   "We have to get Jack first."  We pulled up to Naomi's house.  "I'll be right back guys."  She got out of the car leaving Zeek and I by ourselves.

  "So... You look... nice."  I said softly.

  "Thanks.  You too."  I frowned when he didn't look at me.  He did that a lot... He looked everyone else in the eye, but never me...

   "Zeek, how come you never look me in the eyes?  You always look away from me... Just me... You don't have a problem with anyone else..."  

  "I- I'm sorry Austen..."  He looked up at me and I saw his baby blue eyes glistening with tears.  I pulled him to me and he cried into my shoulder.

   "Zeek, shhh.  It's okay."  I rubbed his back soothingly and held him close to me. "Zeek, what's wrong?"

   "I- I just... I can't Austen... I'm so sorry."  My heart broke at the desperate sadness that was cloaked in his voice.

   "Zeek, please... You're scaring me."  I lifted his chin and wiped the tears from his face with my thumbs.  "Zeek, I can see you're depressed, and I tried letting it go but I can't anymore."

  "I'm sorry."

  "Will you ever tell me?"  I pleaded.

  "Yes.  I just don't know when."  I sighed and forced a small smile onto my face.