5. Best sleep of my life

KENDALL

I woke up by something that touched my arm. I slowly opened my eyes carefully and saw Cara in my arms. She turned her body and face towards me. She had closed eyes, so I took the chance to really look at her face. And wow, she was even prettier now when all her make up is gone.

Suddenly Cara opened her eyes and looked straight into my eyes. She smiled. I realized I still had her in my arms, but I didn't want to ruin this beautiful moment, so I pretended like nothing. I saw how she closed her eyes again and probably fell asleep again. So I moved a little closer to her, even though we pretty much were really close already. I smiled and closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep again.

The next time I woke up, Cara was spooning me. I leaned my head back so our heads were next to each other. I guess she felt that because she woke up the second after.

"Goodmorning babe" she whispered. "Slept well?"

"The best sleep in my life" I said and smiled.

I left Cara's embrace and turned my body and face towards hers. She put her arm on my waist and pulled me a little closer.

"What about you then? Have you slept well?" I asked her.

She chuckled.

"Yes. Best sleep in my life."

"We should sleep together every night. I like being embraced." I whispered and closed my eyes.

"Yeah, definitely. And I like to embrace." she whispered back. "Hey don't fall asleep again, it's 8 am and school starts at 9."

"I'm awake." I said, but I never opened my eyes.

"Yeah, right." She said and rolled her eyes.

She then kissed me on my cheek and left the bed.

"Wake up!!" She said pretty loud while she was changing clothes.

Both Karlie and I opened our eyes and yawned.

"hooouuuueee" Karlie yawned loud.

"Yeah yeah we get it, you're tired. Just get up and get your clothes on! I don't want to be late to school." Cara said.

Karlie and I had no choice, so we went up and changed clothes. I suddenly realized that I had no underwear with me.

"Cara I have to go home real quick before school and change underwear." I told her.

"Okay, I'll follow you to your car."

So we left Karlie in Cara's room and went out in the cold morning air.

I was standing with my back leaning on the car, while Cara was in front of me.

"As I said, this has been the best sleep in my life. Let's do it again." she said and hugged me. "See ya at school"

She let go of me and kissed my cheek. Then she turned around and went inside again.

I jumped into the car and sat there for a while, with my hand on my cheek. It felt like it burned. I know she kissed me on my cheek before, but I was so tired then that I didn't really realize what was going on. After like five minutes of just sitting in the car with my hand on my burning cheek, I left the house where I had the best sleep of my life and drove home.

After I changed my underwear, I went to school. I opened the big wooden doors that I had feared a day ago, but I now love the sight of because it means that I will get to meet Cara if I open them. I was schocked once again by the filled hallway. But this time I didn't fall on a beautiful girl.

I walked to my first class, where Cara sat and waited for me.

"Heeey Kenny!! I've missed youu!" She said and hugged me.

"Hey Cara. You know we literally slept in the same bed for like an hour ago." I said and smiled. But I still blushed like a freak.

She just laughed and looked away and hit her fist on my arm. Not hard, just playfully. It made me blush even more.

We were sitting next to each other the whole class and had fun. We didn't really listen to the teacher, which is totally new for me, but I mean, school has to be fun for once. After two classes with lots of fun thanks to Cara, it was lunch. I sat with Cara's gang. I the remembered that Cara had a boyfriend. The thought kind of made me lose my happiness. I didn't smile the whole lunch because of Harry.

He kept on kissing Cara and held her and he was just so annoying!! It was like he knew about my feelings for her so he could tease me. Wait... Did I just say feelings for her? Do I really have feelings for her?

"No, I don't have feelings for her." I said to myself.

"What?" Everyone was staring at me.

"Did I say that out loud?" I asked embarrassed.

"Flashback from yesterday when the same thing happened to me" Cara said and pretended like she saw a screen that showed the scene from yesterday.

"So Kendall, you have feelings for a girl huh?" Cara teased me.

"No. And if I had, why does it bother you?" I said and teased her back.

"I don't have anything against it, I mean, I'm bisexual." Cara just said.

Wow, I wasn't prepared for that answer.

"Really? I didn't know that." I said kind of fascinated.

"Yeah. I actually dated Selena once." she said and pointed at Selena who sat right in front of us.

"In a week Cara, it doesn't count." Selena said and rolled her eyes but with a smile.

"Was it like a serious relationship or just... Nothing really." I asked curious.

"It wasn't serious. I guess we just wanted to test you know." Selena aswered.

"Yep, and that's why Cara came to me after. She wanted a real relationship." Harry suddenly jumped in the conversation.

I got soooo annoyed at him!

I suddenly saw how Karlie gave Cara a look that Cara just nodded for an answer. It was like Karlie wanted Cara to do something, but Cara wanted to wait a minute before she did it. I wonder what that was about.

Anyway, the rest of the day was pretty good, but boring. I couldn't be with Cara the other half of the day because she had other classes, and Harry kept taking her from me on our breaks so. But after the school when I went to the car, upset about Harry, Cara showed up.

"Hey wait Kendall! What about this brilliant idea I just came up with." She said. "You can sleep over at my house tonight! And every night you want to."

"I really want to, but my mom said that she wanted me to sleep at home tonight because my big sister Khloe will come home tomorrow morning." I said and smiled sadly.

"Oh... Okay. We can maybe take it another night then." She said really sad, that she made me feel guilty.

"Wait! Why don't you sleep over at my house tonight?" I said and smiled widely. I'm pretty sure I looked like a creepy clown, but it doesn't matter, I was really happy.

"Really?" She said and brightened up. It was a really beautiful sight.

"Yes!!" I said and jumped up and down.

"Yaaay!!!!" She said and jumped up and down with me.

I knew this night would be amazing. And I am really looking forward Cara meeting my family. Maybe this friendship, or whatever it is, is going too fast. Yeah, maybe it is. But whatever, as long as it feels right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------