9. Real Kendall Jenner

KENDALL

I had been surprised many times before in my 17 year long life, for example, when my parents got divorced. But today, I got a unexpected new high score. My best friend in LA was at school! Gigi. She told me her parents decided to move here, and she wanted to surprise me so she didn't tell me anything. I got so happy that she actually moved here and not just visited. And at lunch, it even looked like she and Cara seemed to be working pretty good together. Of course, they wouldn't be the dream team together, but we'll work on that. 

I had different classes almost the whole day than Cara, so I met Cara properly, for the first time of the whole day except the lunch, after school. It's not that I don't want to be with Cara, it's just that I would love to spend some alone time with Gigi. I mean, it was a while since I last saw her. So when Cara came to my car when school was over, I tried to give her some hints.

"Hi love" she greeted me and smiled.

"Hey babe. How's your day been?" I greeted just as nice as Cara.

"Good thank you. But I really missed you. How's your day been then?"

"Oh just great really! Mostly thanks to Gigi's surprise" I answered. 

"Yeah. She seems nice" Cara just said and hopped in the car.

"She is. She's my best friend. And just look how it turned out. We live in the same place again after like forever without each other" I said and emphasised forever.

"Hey, do you want to hang out with her tonight? I mean alone with her. Because really, it would be fine by me" she forced a smile.

"Really?" I asked excited. Maybe a little too excited. I think she thought that I would rather be with Gigi and her because of my sudden excitement by her answer. 

"Yeah. I can hang out with Kylie or Karlie. You know I have other friends too." she said and fake chuckled. 

I felt kind of guilty for making her be home alone in my house. And I didn't want her to hang out with Kylie without me sooo....

"You know what? I will stay home with you tonight. I don't want to leave you home alone in my house." I said and smiled.

"I appreciate that Kendall, but if you regret it, it's okay. Really." she said and smiled a real smile.

I just smiled back to her. 

I started the car and the engine roared. I started to drive out from the school when Cara spoke up.

"By the way, I talked to Gigi earlier today and she told me something really interesting"

"Oh no..." I said and chuckled. "I hope it wasn't something embarrassing"

"No. Just something I find a bit strange. And I really want to know the truth." Cara said serious.

I was starting to get nervous. What could Gigi possibly have said to Cara that made her this serious?

"Tell me about it" I tried to stay calm.

"Gigi told me that she thought that you acted a bit... different than usual." Cara started.

"And what exactly is my usual me?" I asked nervous.

"Well, you don't touch people as often as we are touching each other. You don't hug people as much as you do with me. That was what she said."

Oh no. What am I supposed to say to that? I clearly know the answer, but I can never admit my feelings for Cara when I can't even admit them to myself. I hugged Cara the first day of school because she was sad and I felt like I really wanted to hug her. I kept doing what I wanted, hug her, be close to her, be with her. I never knew Gigi was gonna move here and tell her how I usually treat my friends. But Cara isn't my friend, and that's the problem because Cara doesn't know I see her as something more than a normal friend. And now I'm in trouble.