Chapter 11: Haunted

Chapter 11
Cade Felix Thompson
Haunted

I wake up sweaty and bothered. I just had a bad dream. As usual, it's always the terrifying dream. It's about me leaving Chad decades ago. Everyday, I'm regretting my decision that I ever left him. It's backfiring on me. I have no way to stop the cruel dream.

Tears well up in my eyes and there's a known pang of pain that erupts in my heart. A pain that I'm used to feel. Years without Chad by my side were a total hell. If I could go back into the past and make the right decision, I would have done it by now. But no, life doesn't work that way.

Chad and I haven't seen each other since the day on the hill. Chad is now known as Richard Neil Sky, a businessman, with a wife and already has a son. It pains me to hear that Chad married other instead of me. But I can't hold it against him, when in fact, I was the one who hurt him and left him in the first place. I deserve the pain. I don't deserve him. But I just love him so much that it scared me back then.

Leaving him was inevitable, I used to think back then. But when I realized that I had made a wrong decision, that's when I thought that I should have run away with him. We should have been together. He should have been married to me. I should have been one of the parents of his son right now.

Tears begin to slide down my cheeks and the pain in my heart becomes stronger as I think, as always, that Chad is no longer mine, that he will never be mine, even in the other world.

If it weren't for my bastard of a parents, I wouldn't have been married to Elaine. Elaine was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Campbell. My parents and them had arranged a marriage for us since we were teenagers. Another reason why I had made a decision to leave Chad. The thought of him hearing about me getting married was going to be painful for him, so I left without a word. After I left, I heard nothing about him anymore.

Elaine, my ex-wife - since we just got a divorce couple of months ago, left his ex-boyfriend for me since it was her parents wanted. We had come to an agreement that there would be no emotional or physical or any attraction between the two of us. Of course, we did have sex just once. We both were drunk that day, so we decided to have sex. Apparently, we were talking about how our lives were miserable. We needed comfort, and it happened that I had her and she had me to comfort each other. And that's when it happened. No comdom, no protection, we just had sex. That's when my first daughter, Yumi, happened.

I have another son though (his not my real son, but I treat him once, it's just he's adopted). His name is Josh Heid Thompson. He's working as the CEO of the company that my parents had built. I had passed the thrown of being a CEO to him since he's worthy. After all, he wanted to take over.

I had been an asshole to him, sort of. Whenever I looked at him before, I would see myself in him. I didn't know why, but I hated it. And when Josh started to grow up, he already knew that there was something wrong with how I took care of him. He sort of hated me. Or he really did. But he never really shown his hatred towards me. I guess it's my fault, too.

Most of my life, I have always been scared about things wouldn't work the way that I'm wanting it to work. And every night, I'm praying that the pain will somehow subside. But no, it got worst. It gets worst.

My life has been similar to the real story of Little Mermaid, where in the end, the prince and the mermaid didn't really have a happy ever after. It was the complete opposite. The prince married another girl, and the mermaid, she just faded, became the daughter of the air. It's not a happy ending.

Great, I just compared my life to the Little Mermaid, which sucks by the way. I can't compare it to any other stories that I have read. My life wouldn't be like Romeo and Juliet. In the end, they both died. That's sad. Really. But to be honest, I'd rather go Romeo and Juliet with Chad rather than go Little Mermaid. At least, in Romeo and Juliet, they both died because they wanted to be with each other. I wish I would have been stronger back then.

That's it, I just keep wishing. And the pain, the pain is becoming less painful now. This is my typical routine every night. I would wake up because of the same dream and then I'd feel pain, then the happy memories of Chad and I would come back rushing into my head and I have no way to stop it, I just have to bear it, to see it until the pain fades.

Sighing, I stand up and stretch a bit and decide I should go downstairs to drink some wine or other alcohol shits. Right now, I'm alone at the house. I have always been alone. Yumi is living with Elaine right now, Josh is now living with his husband, Ezerette.

Ezerette and Josh. I wish I could have the same life as them; happy and contented. Then the tears begin to pour out of my eyes again, and the pain comes back, this time, it includes a vivid image of Chad crying because I left him. I run downstairs, wanting to drink alcohol so eager. It will make the pain go away, I think.

I reach for the cupboards, where the bottles of wines and alcohols are placed, and grab one. Taking the lid off, I take a huge gulp of the alcohol I didn't bother to look at. It tastes hell, but I am used to the taste, since I have been drinking a lot, ever since I left Chad. The my cries go harder as I think of Chad having a happy life with his wife and son. I want to hold him, to kiss him, to see him so badly but I can't. I just fucking can't.

My heart tightens, and for a moment, I can't breath, like my nose has been blocked with something, like my lungs can't contain air anymore, like my brain doesn't send signal to make my mouth function to inhale. I hate this. I hate my life. I hate myself.

Tears keep pouring out of my eyes as I chug the alcohol that is in my hands. My life is hell. I'm living in hell. I don't know what time is it, I lost track of time. All I know is, it's already morning, and I know I should be sleeping right now, but I'm too busy to mope. to cry, to regret the decision I had made years ago.

The only friend that I had, after I left the school, was Elaine. She's still my friend. I can't be bugging her right now since she's probably sleeping. I just have to deal with this today. It will fade soon, I just have to wait.

My eyes trail down to the marble table is beside the large fridge. On top of the table are the jams. My favorite jams. And my eyes hit the jam that is my most favorite. Peanut butter. My brain plays the image of me and Chad kissing while we danced to a Peanut Butter Jelly song. We were so having fun that day. I'm still tasting the sweet kiss we had shared that day. It was one of the best times of my life. I always treasure it in my heart.

Walking into the living room, I take a seat on the couch, bottle of alcohol still in my hand. My free hand reaches for the remote of the television and I turn on the TV, deciding I should watch news.

I'm trying to busy myself with the news, but my mind doesn't process what I hear or see. In fact, my brain is not functioning right now. I'm basically dead, lifeless. My moment of crying is already done. I guess I have no tears to spill, but tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I will have a lot of tears to pour out.

My ears perk up and my heart beats faster when I hear something on the news. I watch the news with burning and eager eyes and that's when I see him. He still looks handsome. He still looks like the Chad that I have met in High School. Only much more mature looking. I don't know what the news is about, I just focus on his beautiful face, and also on his beautiful eyes. The light blue eyes that I have been wanting to see.

And then my eyes widen at the headline of the news.

********************

I know you guys have been wanting to read Cade's POV. So here it is, guys. Thank you very much. I dedicate this chapter to SFUnauthorized because I knew somehow I hurt him. Lol. But thank you very much guys. Thank youuuuuu!

Instagram: @JMSenar