Chapter 29: What Lovers Do - Part 2

Chapter 29
Richard Neil Sky
What Lovers Do - Part 2

Waking up to the brightest sun warming up my skin, I feel no presence sleeping beside me. At first, my thought goes to Cade leaving me, then I remember the image of us making love under the moon. It was the best making love I've ever had. Cade's the first one who took the virginity of my backdoor. Not that there would be any second or third, just him. I shoot up, turning my head lead and right to watch the area around me and the cool wind brushes pass me, making me shiver. I'm still bare naked. His clothes are gone now and only mine can be seen, so I crawl a little, the blanket still around me and I pick up my clothes. Probably Cade's downstairs, cooking God knows what since I smell something delicious. I wince at the pain in my lower back, but still, I try to ignore the pain.

I stand up straight, wearing my clothes and once I'm fully clothed, I decide to go downstairs and help my boyfriend to cook. As I head down to the kitchen, I hear faint voices, but I can't catch what they're saying. The voices belong to Noah and Gloss, in their voices, it's coated with confusion. So they met Cade again, huh? This will be easier, I think.

"Oh, I think I remember him now!" Gloss says, slightly cheery but still unsure. "Remember when Dad had visitors? I think it's his best friends back then. I don't even know. But this guy was here. I think his name is... Cale? Caden?"

I decide to barge into he kitchen. "His name is Cade." Both Noah and Gloss whip their head at the sudden intrusion of voice. When I look at Cade, his face is pale, like he's running out of blood. He's frozen, and his eyes are flicking between me and my sons. I lightly laugh at his grim expression, which earns me a scowl from him. "Remember what I told you guys about me loving a guy back then? Yep, it's him."

"Woah, woah," Noah says, his eyes widening. "I think I remember him now. This Cade is Josh's father! Is that right, Gloss? Aren't you too old for my father?" Cade looks like he wants to whack the back of Noah's head, and I suppress a laugh. Cade has been wanting me ever since we were teenagers, and our age does not make a huge difference. I think he's just a couple of years ahead of me. Maybe 2 or 3, or 4?

"Noah, I'm breaking up with you." Gloss says, his lips in a thin line.

Noah looks at Gloss, his eyes still wide, and in those blue eyes of his like mine, a fear is swimming. "Wait, why! I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Yeah, you didn't do anything wrong," Gloss says, sighing as he shuts his eyes. "But you're too old for me."

"Hey! I'm just a year ahead of you!"

"Still," Gloss turns on his heel and I catch a sight of a playful smile tugging into his lips and I know that he's just teasing Noah. Noah hugs him behind tight, like he doesn't want to ever let go of Gloss until he takes back what he said just seconds ago. "Now you realize how dumb you are, Noah. Love is love regardless of age or anything. And I'm not breaking up with you, so don't overreact. You know I could never leave you. I could never break up with you."

"Good," Noah sighs in relief, relieve to know that Gloss is only joking and to hear those heart-warming words. "I wouldn't know what to do if you ever leave me. I love you too much."

"Cut the drama out," I say, rolling my eyes playfully. I see Cade is so awkward and uncomfortable to see Gloss and Noah displaying act of affection and being lovey-dovey in front of us. "You're making my boyfriend uncomfortable and awkward because of your PDA."

"Shut up, Dad." Noah says, still hugging Gloss. "We're having our moment. Go get a romantic moment of yours with your boyfriend Cade."

So I walk until I'm chest to chest, face to face with Cade. He looks at me deep in my eyes and gulps. He lifts his hand and runs the back of it across my cheeks and I lean into his touch. His skin is warm and always sends my heart into madness. His other hand rests on my hips, pulling me closer until there's no gap between us, then he leans down and plants a soft kiss on my lips, which as always makes my heart skip a beat for a moment.

Cade nibbles my lower lip and I moan loud enough for everybody to hear, and when I part my lips, he shoves softly his tongue inside my mouth, tasting me. I let him lead me. His tongue is roaming inside my mouth - every corner, every part, every inch, as if he wants to remember every details. My arms automatically wrap securely around his neck, him deepening the kiss by tilting a bit.

To this very moment, I just want to forget everything and be in his arms forever. I want to feel safe and secured. I want to be comforted even I don't need to be. I want to be loved even I think I don't deserve to be. I want to be everything Cade wants me to be. Just for a day. But knowing Cade, he'd do it to me all the time without hesitation, without a doubt, without me asking.

All the heat, desire, passion, love, it travels throughout my body, and I'm pouring it all out on the kiss we've having. My body is aware that there are other persons in the room, but my mind is only focused on Cade and Cade's lips. When Cade pulls away, my lips tingle and are plumped, and he gives me a smile as he rests his forehead against mine.

"I love you," he breaths out and my heart warms at how soft and cool his voice is. I smile up at him, looking at him through my lashes, my cheeks heating up. "I love you, I love you, I love you. I will never get tired of saying I love you to you."

"I love you, too, more than myself." I say, grinning ear to ear.

"Hoe my god, the oldies!" Gloss shrieks, laughing with Noah. "Hoe my gawd, I just can't. I can't. They're having this very romantic and I was like, that's disgusting. We need to get out of here, Noah. Let them have this moment. I can't look at them in the eyes. I can't even look at them at all!" Gloss laughs harder and Noah punches Gloss' shoulder lightly, biting his lower lip hard enough to draw blood just to restrain himself from laughing out loud.

"Yeah, yeah, get out of here." I say, chuckling, motioning for them to leave the room. They both roll their eyes at me. "Cade and I are still going to eat. And it should be in peace. Now, get out or else you'd see us make out more."

"Ew, hoe." Noah says as he makes a disgusted expression, grabbing Gloss' arm and they run out of the room and head upstairs.

Cade chuckles behind me and I turn around, wrapping my arms again around his neck and plant a kiss on his lips. He gives me a small smile and my eyes scan the kitchen and I see that he's frying bacon. I see that the stove is in a very low fire and the bacon... well, they are overcooked. Cade gives me a small, shy smile and turn off the stove completely. I laugh.

"What!" He asks me, pink tint covering up his cheeks. "Your sons came barging here, and I had no time to turn off the stove because I got nervous. You don't have a right to laugh. You don't know what I've been through."

"What you've been through?" I ask, laughing harder. "What exactly you've been through? Based on the oils I see splattered all over the side of the stove, I'm guessing you had a hard time frying?"

He scowls and puffs in a childish manner, rolling his eyes at me and my heart drums wildly at the sight of him being cute and all. I walk over in front of him and put butterfly kisses across his neck and to his jawline, which makes him smile. He looks down on me and kisses my forehead and tweaks my nose playfully, then ruffles my hair.

"But then I don't mind the mess. Because I'm so in love with you."