Chapter 16: The Search Continues

Chapter 16
Cade Felix Thompson
The Search Continues

"Okay, we're just going to find their names on Google?" Terry asks me, a brow has been arched, like he can't believe what I just told him about finding his other friends on Google. "There are billions of people in the world, Cade. You can't just type a full name on Google and expect to find the person you're looking for." I roll my eyes at him and ready to flip him off but think better of it.

"Uh," I say, getting a bit irritated. "I found you on Google, that led me to Facebook. At least we can just try, Terry Morgans. Please?" Exasperatedly, I say as I rest my elbows on my knees and type on the Google search. Terry huffs. "We can try to search Maggy's name on Google. Okay, okay. Just... Maggy Joans Shreider." I hit enter on Google and different results come off. It seems creepy, but we don't need to hire investigators or some shit detectives just to look for them when we can do it ourselves. When we see the results, it's a different Maggy and I hear Terry mumble incoherent words that I can't quite hear because I'm too busy searching for a girl named Maggy Joans Shreider. I navigate through a couple of pages but nothing. Sighing, I take a look at the Google Images and that's when a girl, in her mid thirties, pops up. It's the same Maggy that we're looking for. I grin and tug Terry's shirt and when he takes a look, his eyes widen and says 'oh shit' in a whisper. Apparently, her picture has a link and when we click the link, it leads us to a blog. Her blog. And her blog's name is kind of weird. lesbymaggy.bloggers.com. Oh my fucking God. That sounds ridiculous. Both Terry and I burst out laughing when we read the url of Maggy's website that Terry's wife walks in and tries to check what we're laughing about and when she scans the whole page and her eyes land on the url, she bursts out laughing too.

"That's something Maggy would come of," Terry says as he wipes a bead of tear that is about to roll down his cheek. "Lesby Maggy. What a nice url for a nice lesby woman."

I scroll through her entire blog and at the bottom of her blog, there's an 'About Me' page and I click it, and it leads me to her About Me page and there's her information, in a detailed form. Her About Me page consists of where she lives and what she does in her life and how she handles life. Lesby Maggy. I snicker again, which makes Terry laugh hard again.

"Oh!" I chortle, smiling widely. "She's just, like, another 40 miles away. Great, I love travelling." Great. "Let's just try to find the others when we get to Maggy's house. Do you have anything to do? I know you don't, so get your ass up and let's hunt Maggy the Lesby. I'm going to drive."

"Babe," Terry shouts over his shoulder. "I'm going to go out and I'll be back later! Love you and just wait for me! We're just going to look for Maggy the Lesby!" Then we burst out laughing again as Terry pushes me and we walk outside, to my car. Terry says a curse and runs back into the house and I frown in confusion. When he returns back, he has the laptop tuck underneath his pit and I nearly smack myself for forgetting the laptop. I must be getting old. We hear Janice shouts, saying that it's okay and both Terry and I hop in the car, him in the passenger, me in the driver's seat.

I shake my head, still laughing. Even though we're older, we still act like buffoons, like a teenager still exploring the world. And most people, in our age, act like a decent human and here we are, totally being crazy. I put the key in the ignition and the car roars to life, and I hit the accelerator and the car starts to move in a hurry and in minutes, we're already on the road, going to Maggy's house.

"It says on her website that she currently lives in Manhattan, and that's where we're going, in Manhattan. 40 miles away from here. Are you fucking sure?" Terry basically shouts and I glare at him. Sometimes, when he shouts, he just has a lady-like voice. So thin. "It's like, 60 or 70 miles away from here. I don't know. I'm not good at direction, but let's just go visit Maggy the Lesby." That lightens our mood because we both snicker and then go on full out laugh that causes me to swerve the car a little. "You know, you're not so bad after all, Cade."

"You, too." I say with pure honesty. "I was really an asshole back then. And I... I messed up somebody's life. But then..."

"Chad entered your life?" He suggests and I nod my head slowly. "You know, when George told me the first time you met Chad, you were all over him, trying to piss him off. And from then, I observed you closely. You were bullying most of the students, but then when you were around Chad, he was the only one you saw. And your bullying lessened and lessened until Chad was the only person you were bullying. I was the first one to notice it, then I told everyone. Do you remember Topher McCrawford, the open bisexual guy in our school?"

I nod and growl and Terry chuckles lightly. Topher McCrawford, how can I ever forget that bastard's name? He tried to hit on my Chad and acted like Chad belonged to him. And I got so jealous of him that I basically sold his soul to the Devil without his permission. My hands grip the steering wheel so hard that it's turning white and the pressure is blocking the blood from running through my veins in my fingers. It makes me somehow numb. Topher was all over my Chad back then. He was out and proud that he's bisexual, and that added to my insecurities and fear. If I wasn't able to come out, then I didn't deserve Chad. And I have to admit, even though it's such a shame, that I was scared to come out of the closet back then.

"What about him?" I growl and my eyes turn into a slit, and it seems like I'm seeing red all of a sudden and jealousy is coursing through me. Even though Topher hasn't been in our reach since High School, I can't still get over the fact that he has tried to push himself on my Chad.

Terry rolls his eyes. "Well, I'm pretty sure that Chad told him secrets because they were having secret, you know, looks. Glances. When you were around Chad."

And the conversation keeps going on and on until we decide to listen to some music on the radio that keep us alive and alert throughout the drive to Manhattan. We choose the station that plays old songs because we're comfortable when we hear the songs that had been released in our teenager years. We even sing a bit and but don't know the lyrics so we just nod our head to the beat and hum the instruments of the songs.

Driving is kind of tiring and my back kind of hurts and I promise to myself, when I get home, I'll have someone to massage my back for me. We arrive at the busy world of Manhattan. 2 and a half hours drive. We check Maggy's blog again and it says here that she's just around Manhattan. We look for her house address using the laptop and we find it on her Contact page of her blog.

We drive for a while until we see the street that is indicated on her Contact page of her blog and both Terry and I grin widely. One of these houses is belonged to Maggy. We roll down the windows and ask the people if they know someone named Maggy Joans and they all point it out on one house. We thank them and pull over in front of the painted light blue house and we hop out of the car and basically run over in front of the house. Terry and I look at each other, take a deep sigh, and knock on the door. No answers. We try to knock again on the door and this time, the door opens, revealing the older version of Maggy Joans Schreider. Her eyes widen in recognition of the both of Terry and I and she gasps.

"Hi, Maggy." Terry greets in a whisper. Maggy purses her lips and looks back behind her shoulder and motions for us to come in. Even though she was a bit cruel to me back in the old days, she still lets me inside her house. She asks us if we want water or coffee and both Terry and I request for a water. Maggy nods and scurries to the kitchen and gets us a glass of water. When she arrives, she looks at us with happiness evident in her eyes. "I... I kind of miss you." I cough. "Okay, okay. I miss you very much, Maggy."

Maggy is wearing a green tank top and a sexy short shorts. For a moment, I think that she became a straight woman, but then I think of her blog again and I try to seal my mouth tight in order not to laugh.

"I miss you, too, Terry." Maggy says as she takes a seat beside Terry and gives him a bear hug. Terry willingly takes the offer and hugs Maggy back. But then another person walks into the room and my mouth hangs open.

"I'm home, babe!" A familiar voice says and Terry and I both look at Maggy.

In unison, both Terry and I shout at Maggy. "What the fuck? You married Bobby Fierre Hodkins?" and then it's followed by my statement. "I thought you were Lesby the Maggy. I mean, Maggy the Lesby?"