Chapter 14: The Search

Chapter 14
Cade Felix Thompson
The Search

Three days ago since Ezerette, Josh, and Chase visited me in my house, I began to do my work. I want to find out what happened after I left the school, after I left Richard Neil Sky. I knew the past would be horrible to know, I can feel it, but if I want to be part of Chad's life again, I need to know what he went through.

With a laptop on my lap, I open up a browser and think of the persons that were (or are still) part of Chad's life. I'll start by the members of the Peacemakers. One by one, I type their names on the notepad and think if I'm missing something. Nope, nothing. I read the names one by one.

Terry Rupert Morgans
Thomas James Kapth
Maggy Joans Shreider
Thalia Sophie Fuentavidez
Carlo Mark Tan
Esther Jeanne Hopperson
Tesla Shraid Vanhuper
George Ham Carmichaels
Cory Dean Martins
Kart Joseph McCaliver

Smiling, I type 'Terry Rupert Morgans' on Google search and check the Google images. And when the results come, a smile forms on my lips. Terry hasn't changed much. Just became the older version of himself. I take a look at the recommended result and I'm surprised to see he has a Facebook account, even Twitter. This man. I check his Facebook account and see that he's 40 miles away from here. If I find out, it would be a lot easier to find the other members.

My plan is, I will gather every member of the Peacemakers and together, we will go to Chad's house. That way, Chad will be comforted. But there's a thing bugging me; what if they already went to the funeral? I mean, they are friends, practically brothers and sisters, but there's a low chance that they parted ways after High School, right?

It's just 10:34 in the morning and I think if I do this right now, if I driver to Terry's hometown, the faster everything will be. I fish out my cellphone and open up the Waze application and type his address on the application and in seconds, Waze is now telling me the directions to his house. Grabbing my laptop (since the laptop might come in handy - and still it has a full charge) and the car key, I run downstairs to the garage, where my car is parked. I open the passenger seat and place the laptop on the seat and run over to the driver's seat and hop in.

Good thing I'm wearing a black coat and a black pants. I was thinking of going to work today, but then I got laze so I figured I'd just stay inside the house and be lazy all day, but then I thought of Chad and that started this.

There will be a hope for me. I put the key in the ignition and grab the clutch, then I push the accelerator and pull out of my garage. I turn on the radio so I won't feel lonely as I hit down the road. I turn up the volume, making it loud a little bit and I push down the accelator, making the car go faster, the surroundings becoming a blur as I pass them.

I know that Terry will have some answers to my questions. My idea is a little bit dumb-ish, but I know this will work. Terry has some answers to my questions. I wonder if Chad told his friends about us. Probably or maybe. As soon as I get there, I'll ask Terry.

Going to a Starbucks drivethru, I drive there and a lady speaks up over a speaker, asking what's my order. I tell her that it's a large Java Chip and she asks me if there would be anything else. I reply no. The lady tells me to go over the next counter and I drive a bit slower and when I reach the next counter, a lady hands me the large Java Chip that I have ordered and I give her the payment with a large tip. I give her a smile and head off.

Turning left as what Waze indicates, I find a nearest McDonald's drivethru. I'm kind of hungry and it's best for me to order some snacks before I hit the main road. When I get to the drivethru, it's the same as Starbucks, I tell the girl my order; a large Fries and chicken fillet with rice, two hashbrowns and one thigh piece chicken and a large McFloat. I head over to the next counter and wait for the other lady to give me my order. The lady, whose name is Candice, gives me a smile and I hand her $100, the change is her tip. Her eyes widen and I drive off, waving bye at her.

I hit the main road with Westlife's Uptown Girl playing loudly through the speakers of the car and I bob my head up and down, singing loudly the lyrics of the song. I remember telling Chad that Westlife is my favorite and Uptown Girl is my favorite song. And it hasn't changed. It still is my favorite. Some of the songs nowadays suck, but I get a long with it. Hell, I'm dealing with it. But nobody will beat Westlife and their coolness.

I have been driving half an hour ago and my hands are getting tired from gripping the steering wheel or even turning the steering wheel at all. My body is kind of exhausted but still, I keep driving. I have to do this if I'm determined on getting Chad's forgiveness. I have been driving at high speed, past the limit, and I'm surprised no cops are following me. I'm too eager to know what happened after I left the school.

The foods that I have ordered are now gone and my car is kind of dirty right now since the plastics, the plastic bottles and tissues are all scattered on my car. I'll clean them later if I get home early. If not, I'll probably clean this tomorrow.

The Waze dings, indicating that I have reached the destination. There are few people milling around the place. I drive slowly and roll down the window of the car. A person passes by me and I call him.

"Hey dude," I call the guy. He's pretty much in his early 20s. He has freckles on his cheeks and looks like he hasn't been eating a lot. He has a curly brown hair and a big brown eyes, plus a thick eyebrows. He's kind of short, perhaps... 5'6" or an inch taller. The guy I called walks over in front of me with a confused expression. Also with alertness. He probably thinks I'm going to kidnap him, which I'm not because I'm not a psychopath. Yes, I was a bully back then, but duh, I'm going to kidnap this guy. "Do you know a person named 'Terry Rupert Morgans'?

His face lights up like a Christmas tree being lightened up for the first time. "Oh, oh. Yes! Mr. Morgans, I know him."

"Do you know where his house is?"

"Just turn left, then go straight ahead, then take left," the guy tells me. "Just ask a few people there and they'll point out which is his house."

"Okay, thank you!" I say enthusiastically and roll up the window of the car and drive off. Okay, turn left, go straight ahead, and then take another left. I drive for a complete five minutes and I see another old lady. I ask the same thing I asked with the guy and the old lady points her index finger to a two story house, painted in white, and I thank her. I pull the car over to the side of the road and climb off. I take a huge deep breath and walk over to the porch of the house. When I reach the porch, I ring the doorbell twice and the door opens, revealing a woman in her mid 30s.

"And may I know who you are looking for?" She asks me sweetly. If I were a straight guy, I'd totally kiss her right here and then fuck her. I wouldn't care if the neighbor would see us. But unfortunately, I'm gay and still in love with Richard Neil Sky. This woman has some curves, a big breasts, and a blonde hair. And I know for a fact that blonde girls with big boobs are crazy and psychotic. Call me a stereotyping bitch, but it's the truth. Well, most of the blonde girls with big boobs are crazy. Some are not. But this girl is probably one of them. Or I'm just judging too fast.

"I'm looking for Terry Rupert Morgans," I tell her and she smiles widely at me. To be honest, she creeps me out.

"Oh, I'm her wife, call me Janice." Oh the wife. Okay. She offers her hand to me and I shake it but let go since her hands are sticky. Yucky and ew. I internally make a face. "I'll just call him. Just give me one minute. Terry! Get your fucking ass here! Somebody's looking for you!" Yup, she's definitely crazy. A total psychopath.

Seconds later, Terry comes running over the front door with a confused expression before his eyes meet mine and his mouth drops open and his eyes widen. Janice motions me to enter the house and I enter. Terry looks at me with a bothered expression on his face, like he has just seen a ghost or a murderer. I enter their house, waving a hand in front of Terry's face and then he shakes his head.

"Okay, what are you doing here Cade Felix Thompson the Troublemaker?" Terry asks me as he motions me to take a seat on the couch. I do.

My eyes scan the surroundings I see. Terry's house is one of those typical houses that can be seen in the television. Two plush sofas are placed with an old television across the sofas. A wooden table in between. Brown carpet placed on the floor. It has a home-y feeling but his house is kind of dirty. Toys are scattered all over the floor and there's a baby puke near the other room, which I assume is the kitchen. My eyes trail to Terry and I speak.

"I just want to know some things after I left the school."