Chapter 24: Hold My Hand

Chapter 24
Richard Neil Sky
Hold My Hand

Gloss, Noah, and I are in the living room, watching Final Destination 3. After the death of Genny, this is actually the first time that we have ever watched a film. Genny loved watching movies with us, and the memory of hers watching with us is too painful in our hearts, but now, we're trying our best to enjoy each other's comfort. Gloss realized that he needed to move forward, too, as well as Noah, so they're at least taking a step forward. Noah was the one who chose the movie, and Gloss loves every part of it. Right now, Noah's arm is draped over Gloss' shoulder and Gloss' arms are wrapped around Noah's waist like a blanket. I watch them with happy eyes and think of Cade doing the same thing on me. We just saw each other again three days ago, and since then, we started texting.

As the movie credit rolls on the screen, both Noah and Gloss yawn and Noah tugs Gloss' arm and they stand up together and head upstairs, mumbling a good night at me. I tell them the same thing and turn off the TV. My hand finds its way to get my cellphone in my pocket and when I turn on the screen, a text from Cade lights up my world. I unlock my phone and read the text message that he has sent me. My heart swells with happiness when I read his text.

I miss you right now. i'm in front of your house tho. i want to see your face.

Cade has sent me the message five minutes ago, so I immediately get off the couch and run over where the window is and take a peak through the curtains, and sure enough, Cade is there, at the gate of my house and a smile tugs on my lips. It's already night, the clock is ready to strike into midnight, and here I am, about go outside because my first love texted me he wanted to see my face. I'm just wearing my pajamas, but who cares, right? As long as I get to see him, I'd even run just half naked. I open the door and the wind greets me, entering inside the house. The wind makes me shiver. I close the door and run towards the gate. I find Gunter, the guard of the house is fast asleep and I smile, shaking my head. Cade is all smiles as he sees me. His face has a bright expression that makes me want to shower his face with kisses. Walking over to sleeping Gunter, I shake him a bit and he jolts up and when he sees me, he immediately bows down. I tell him that I'm just going out with a friend and when he sees Cade, he gives him a smile and Gunter opens up the gate for me. Cade has brought his car with him, and I'm pretty sure that I'll be spending the night with him travelling. He jerks his chin towards his car and I hop into the passenger seat as he takes the driver's seat. He puts the key in the ignition and the car makes a smooth noise, then he grabs the clutch and hit the accelerator pedal and soon, we are now on the road.

We roll down the windows of the car and I smile widely as Cade watches me. He then grabs a hold of my hand and my eyes fall onto it, watching it closely. Cade lifts my hand, bringing it to his lips and plant a soft kiss at the back it. I can feel myself blushing as he kisses the back of my head as he watches me with those eyes that I've always liked. I don't know where we are going, and I'm trusting Cade again. And this time, I have this feeling that he will never, ever leave me again. Minutes turn into an hours, and the comfortable silence is filling up the air around us. We just continue to hold hands until we reach our destination.

My eyes do a double take when I recognize the place. The beat of my heart becomes erratic as I view the place the way it looked so many years ago. This place was the last place Cade and I had ever been. The place where we last held hands, where we kissed, where he cried, and when he told me he loved me. As I turn on my heels to look at Cade, he lunges himself on me and captures my lips roughly and I moan out. My hands immediately go to his hair, gripping it and Cade grunts and kisses me harder. There's a fire made of passion burning inside my chest and it feels like my heart is going to explode at any time. Cade plants his hands on my hips, keeping me a place as my arms lock around his neck securely. Our lips dance in sync, and the music is the beat of our hearts and the rustle of the trees. He bites my bottom lip, which makes me moan out and part my lips, and he takes the opportunity to slip his tongue inside. Just by the intense kissing we are having, I can tell that he has been craving for my lips ever since God knows when, and he's pouring out all his emotions by having me in his arms and I've never felt much safer than what he's making me feel right now. A bead of water lands on my cheeks and when I open my eyes, I see that Cade is crying. I pull away from the kiss and he looks at me with sad eyes.

"What's wrong, Cade?" I ask him with worried eyes, brushing the tears away from his cheeks. Cade just shakes his head and attempts a smile, then hugs me tight and I hug him back.

"I just... I just fucking love you so much, Chad." He states and I feel like my world has stopped once again. I look at him with loving eyes and tell him the word that I have kept hidden inside me.

"I love you, too Cade." I say to him, giving him a soft kiss on the lips. "To be honest, I've never really stopped loving you. I just learned to hide it. When you were gone, I tried to be a better man because I thought there was something wrong about me, but then as I grew up, I realized that we needed time. I was in love with you back then, but kept my mouth shut, and I'm in love with you right now and now, I'm going to shout it to the world. Don't be confused, I really did love my first wife, and then Genny, but I love you more. Genny knew that."

"Genny sounds like she's an angel," Cade whispers as he plants a soft kiss on my left cheek and then to my nose, and then to my forehead, and lastly, to my lips.

"She was," I agree with him, nodding as another memory of Genny clouds up my mind. "I know that she's happy for me now that I have you with me again. Cade, please don't leave me again."

"No, I will never." He assures me and seals the promise with a long lasting kiss on the lips and once again, we kiss like the end would be tomorrow and I pull away, gasping for air. Cade chuckles and as breathless as I am.

I take his hand with mine and together, we watch the moon and the stars light up the world with its magnificent rays. The stars are twinkling brightly upon us and I rest my head on Cade's shoulder. He drapes his arm over my shoulder and kisses my forehead again and I smile happily. We take a seat and just watch the view in front of us. Tonight has brought peace and calm to our hearts and I thank God for this. When I meet Cade's eyes, I see the emotions swimming into his eyes; love, respect, fear, excitement, almost every emotion, it's there in his eyes. And I have the same emotions in my eyes. Cade places his forehead against mine, his breath fanning my face and I chuckle.

"Do you think your son and Gloss will approve of me to be your boyfriend?" Cade asks me out of nowhere and I let his question be answered with my simple, wide smile. Cade grins at me, like the grin he had been sending me when we were teenagers and I laugh. "Richard Neil Sky, will you be my boyfriend? Again?"

"Oh, I'd love to be your boyfriend again, Cade Felix Thompson." I reply to him and peck him on the lips. He begins to peck my lips again and again and again until I'm laughing out loud. "Okay, stop. I might change my mind."

"Nooo!" He hugs me and clings onto, not letting me go.