naming it makes it worse

*Hannibal pov*
"Frederick, I might have a problem."
"Ah, the great Hannibal Lecter comes to me... with a problem" Chilton seemed to enjoy this as much as Hannibal hated it. He would have visited Bedelia and talked about his recent problem, but she wasn't available. If it wasn't such an urgent matter, he would have waited for her to come back from her vacancies...
With a big smile Chilton asked him. "So?" He raised his eyebrows.
It can't get more embarrassing, so just get it done. "I have this patient. And I might have developed feelings for this patient. More than just the normal feelings in a patient-doctor-relationship. And-"
Frederick cut him off with loud guffaw. "You fell in love with a patient?" Chilton was laughing so hard that Hannibal could hardly make out a word he was saying. "Dr. Lecter, I must say, this is really professional. Really"
Hannibal replied calmly "You cannot control, with respect, to whom you fall in love." So now I said it... I love Will.

*flash-back*
The appointments with Will didn't seem to help. He just wouldn't open up. Just, from time to time, did Will lose his composure and allowed Hannibal to see his emotions and feelings. And what Hannibal could see there shocked him deeply: Will was a wreck. One would think he had everything: he had a whole family, friends, good grades and there was no drug abuse or alcohol problem.
But Will didn't think that, he just couldn't believe any of that. From his point of view his friends only used him and/or endured his presence, his family didn't need him and he was dumb, ugly, useless. He saw no point in going on with his life.
All of that Hannibal could see, but he couldn't help unless Will let him, what he didn't.
It hurt Hannibal to see Will so broken. All he wanted was to hold Will close and make him feel good, feel important. Because that's what he's to Hannibal.
First, Hannibal had tried to fight the arousing feelings. It was so hard. There was something about that boy that fascinated him. Perhaps his blue eyes which seemed to steal every clear thought from Hannibal?
Maybe, but whatever it was Hannibal couldn't think properly around Will Graham.
And every accidental touch sent electric prickles down his spine. It was getting harder each day to stop himself from pulling Will into a kiss.
But even when he didn't touch Will he felt his presence with his whole body and Will's scent had the effect of a drug. Hannibal was completely lost.
So finally, he had decided that it couldn't go on that way. He needed to talk about this and find a solution.

Chilton looked at Hannibal "Well, then... you have to get rid of that patient. Refer her to me. End of your problems, easy - peasy"
Her? Ah, yes of course Chilton would think that... damn it
"Ehm... thanks for the offer, but I have to decline... no personal offence intended, but I already have someone else in mind to refer my patient to." He spoke a bit in a haste. Then he turned to leave. That was a mistake to talk to him... "Thank you for your time, Frederick" he said back over his shoulder while going away.
"You're welcome"
Frederick laughed and whispered to himself, "Well, let's see who this patient of yours is."