sexuality

*Will's POV *

"I think we should approach your problem by talking about you. So, Will, who are you?" Dr. Bloom smiled at him. Coming from her mouth, this question didn't sound in any way strange or weird.
Who was he? He hadn't thought about that yet, to be honest. What kind of person was he really? Stuff like dumb, little shit, friendless, waste of time. Well, that were no real character traits. That's not who he was, only how he was.
"I don't know" he said, being totally honest.
Her smile didn't falter. "That's ok, Will. Actually, I expected it."
Then she said, "I'm gonna ask you a few questions and then we try and analyse who you are. Is that ok with you?" Oh no, please, don't psychoanalyse me. But he said nothing, just nodded.

She had already asked a few questions, when "sexuality?"
"What?" But Will had understood alright. He felt a blush creeping up his cheeks.
"It can tell us something about you, what sexuality you have, well, no, it does not, but how you feel about your own sexuality does." Again she smiled at Will. She seemed so caring. Well, Dr. Lecter had seemed caring too, at first.
"Okay, well, I'm heterosexual, I had sex with some girls, but no relationships... I never felt anything and... well"
If Will had been looking up he would have seen that Alana Bloom looked a bit perplexed like she had expected something different.
But when he did look up -a few seconds later-, Dr. Bloom just smiled and nodded.
"And boys?"
Will shook his head a bit too fast.
After a pause, he answered, "Well, I... I found myself... sometimes.... fantasising about guys." He gave her a questioning look, like he wasn't sure about what he had just said.
That was rather what Dr. Bloom had expected. "Does that make you feel ashamed?"
"No" except when that guy happens to be my psychiatrist...
"Really? You can be honest with me. I'm not going to judge you. Feeling ashamed is no reason to be embarrassed." So she had sensed Will was not totally honest.
"Yes, I mean... I am heterosexual, but..."

*Hannibal's POV*

"Frederick, listen" Hannibal had followed Alana's advice and had gone to the Baltimore State Hospital For The Criminally Insane to talk to its general adminastrator, Frederick Chilton, Ph.D.
"I know why you're here, because you don't want me to talk about your little secret. Your lover boy." Chilton smirked at him. At that moment, Hannibal could have punched him.
With his teeth gritted, he said, "William. Is. Not. My. Lover. Boy."
This remark made Chilton only snort. "Maybe. But you wish" He winked at Hannibal and grinned when he noticed how it unnerved Hannibal. Then after a little pause, he added, "you know, I always wondered how it is possible that both Alana and Bedelia are so close to you but you never... you know... how do I put this, well you never fucked any of them." He smirked again, looking very pleased with himself. "Now I guess I know why" He grinned, but he wasn't finished yet. "Who would have guessed that the great Hannibal Lecter, M.D. is into little boys." Chilton guffawed.
Hanibal knew he would have to endure this and then he could reason with Chilton, but it was hard to stay calm. Frederick made it sound as if Hannibal was a sick pedophile.
Yes, Will was young, at least a lot younger than Hannibal, but he was grown up and not a child anymore. And it wasn't like they had anything like an affair or so. Not yet, anyway.
Hannibal rolled his eyes. "Have you finished insulting me, Frederick, or would you like to add something more?"
Chilton still grinned, but shook his head. "I had my fun. Let's hear about your view of the whole story."
Finally. "My feelings towards William are not professional considering he was a patient of mine. But honestly, Frederick, there is nothing. And what you saw was just me trying to comfort him while he cried. Seriously, what did you think? That I would have sex in a car? With a patient? In front of Alana's practice?" Hannibal laughed. "I truly envy you for your rich imagination"
Of course, Chilton hadn't believed that Hannibal had in any way a sexual relationship with Will. Furthermore, actually, he didn't care about who Hannibal was interested in. It was just, it made a hell of good gossip and Frederick loved nothing more than gossip.
"I guess you'll ask me to not spread this rumour.", said Frederick and then considered it for a while. After that, he smiled, not his usual smirk but a true genuine smile. "Well, let's say you owe me a favour."
That was a true relief. Hannibal knew that now Frederick wouldn't talk about that anymore.
"Thank you, Frederick" How worse could that favour turn out to be?