red jumper

*Hannibal's POV*

After bringing two towels, his favourite red jumper, a pair of boxers and beige trousers into the bathroom, he went back to the dining room to clean up the mess he had created. Will's clothes were completely destroyed.
Scrubbing the floor, Hannibal tried not to think about what he had seen in the bathroom mirror. The mirror had been fogged, as well as the glas door of the shower. But still Hannibal had been able to make out Will's feature in the steam and water. He looked even hotter then; all wet with water running over his slim but still muscular body.
Trying to distract himself, Hannibal began to ponder what to cook for dinner, now that the soup was lost. Maybe he could just make some eggs with sausage.
Hannibal had just cleaned the dining room up and was on his way to the kitchen when he heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Turning to see Will, he stopped in his steps. Hannibal gulped audibly.
Will's hair was still wet, he didn't wear the trousers only the boxers. The red jumper was way too big. Damn, he's hot. Damn... damn stop staring. stop.
"The trousers are too big, but... ehm... thanks nonetheless" the younger man mumbled, his cheeks, ears and neck flushing vigorously.
"Are you hungry?" Hannibal's voice didn't come out as steady as he'd hoped.

*Will's POV*

The red jumper smelled like Dr. Lecter. Again, they were in the kitchen, Dr. Lecter cooking and Will swooning over him.
After eating dinner -Winston got some sausages, too- Hannibal showed Will the bedroom. His bed did look really comfortable and it was very big. Winston padded after them into the bedroom.
Hannibal turned to Will, "Tomorrow we'll need to talk. But I'd like to know, do your parents are aware where you are? I mean you are grown-up but still, you live with your parents and they'll worry"
Will let himself fall on the bed; facedown so he wouldn't need to face Dr. Lecter. "Sure", he lied. "And they don't worry, don't care"
The bed moved slightly as Hannibal sat down next to Will. Will felt a hand upon his shoulder; gently rubbing. Hannibal said with his soft voice, "you didn't tell them, did you? And you think they don't care?" Even though it was a question, it sounded more like a statement. And Hannibal was right.
Still lying on his belly but turning his head so he could look at Hannibal, he whispered, "yes, I think is the answer to that"
Hannibal lay down next to him, not taking away his hand from Will's shoulder. "They do care, you know? They love you. So many people out there love you. Try to let them"
Now tears welled up in his blue eyes. How could anybody love him? He was terrible, a waste of time and place. "Oh really", he answered scarcely audibly. Will's blue eyes searched for the maroon ones. In these eyes, he saw something flash up. Was it pity? Please, don't be pity. He hated pity. People lied to him out of pity, pretended to like him out of pity. Why can't they be honest?
But no, it wasn't pity what Will saw there. It was pain. It pained Dr. Lecter to hear Will say those things. That little 'oh really' showed so much self-hatred and insecurity. And that was it what broke Hannibal's heart.
And he took Will into his arms, like he did in the car all that time ago.
Hannibal began to caress Will's back and felt him relaxe under his touch, appreciably. He even leaned into Hannibal. Letting his head rest on his broad shoulder, his cheek against Hannibal's chest. His smell eased Will, his crying and silent sobbing, which shook his body vehemently, ceased. Hannibal moved them both into a more comfortable position. His cheek against Will's soft but still damp hair.
Will listened to Hannibal's heartbeat. It was thumping very fast but it began to calm down and became even.
Did he fall asleep? Very slowly did Will put his right arm around the older man's waist. There was no reaction. Apparently, Hannibal did fall asleep. Not that Will would complain. He nuzzled closer to Hannibal and listening to his heart, he fell asleep, too.