I lied. You lied. He lied.

*Hannibal's POV*

"Hannibal" SHIT How could he have possibly forgotten that Will was sitting right next to him, hearing words, he no longer could take back. So easily spoken but so hard to really mean them. But mean them he did. And Will knew it. At least now he did.

He turned to Will whose face gave away nothing. Didn't he want his love. Never had Hannibal a greater urge to disappear and don't look back.

His heart was laid bare. Vulnerable. Just a word could destroy him now, even a look would be enough.
And the next sentence cut deep. "You love me?" A question.

Doubt?

Hope?

Despair?

"Yes, Will, I do. Always have and always will."

But words don't come easily and sometimes they don't come at all.

He needed Will to say more. He needed to know what Will felt. You love me? It was a question. What was he hoping for though. What kind of an answer did he want? Did he longed for a desperate yes or a laughing just kidding.

Warmth. Closeness. Softness. Intimacy.

Lips.

Lips pressed against his own.

Will's lips.

Will was kissing him.

Was that a dream? Did he die?

Tentatively, Hannibal tried to move his lips. It was indeed happening.

Will kissed him. After Hannibal had confessed his love. That did mean something, right?

Will's lips never felt better. Pure joy spread through his chest. His Will, his beautiful Will kissed him and in that moment he felt love. He felt Will's love, such a pure and deep emotion. A band connecting them, heart and soul. One beat for two hearts. One instead of two. They were conjoined.

"Lecter, I think you should leave now", Mr. Graham stated. His voice full of revulsion. Rudely, he pulled Dr. Lecter from his seat and from Will's warm lips, "I'll bring you to the door."

"There's no need fo-", Will began to protest but was cut off by his father.

"I said I'll bring him to the door" Obviously, Will's parents were not satisfied with Hannibal's love confession. Hannibal was hushed away.

But at the door, Mr. Graham stopped him. In a dead serious tone, he whispered, "You will leave him, tell him you lied."

"I can't and won't", Hannibal began but was interrupted.

"We gonna sue you.", Mr. Graham's voice was cold and showed no emotions, "Rape. You manipulated him. Fucked him against his will and played your cruel and perverted games with him. Unless" And here he waited for Hannibal to catch up and finish the sentence for him.

Oh you bastard, who of us is playing cruel games now? "Unless I dump him", Hannibal resigned.

"Be hurtful if needed"

"You bastard", Hannibal hissed, "he won't forgive you that."

"No, Dr. Lecter, no", Mr. Graham laughed sardonically and how smug and pleased with himself he looked, "he won't forgive you."

---

What to do? What to do? He called Bedelia. She would know what to do.

She didn't pick up the phone. He threw his phone through the room.

Another whiskey went down his throat. It burned but it numbed him.

For the coming task. He had to.

With shaking hands he picked up the phone again and called a familiar number. He knew it by heart.

He didn't even wait for an answer, "I lied"

Will laughed at that, though it was clear he must have cried before hand. "What?"

"I just used you for sex."

Behind closed eyes, Hannibal could see how his beautiful smile died away, "I don't believe you"

Hannibal chocked back a sob and with trembling voice continued, "Remember when I referred you. I didn't want you and your depressions. But you looked fuckable. That's all."

"Hannibal, stop it", Will laughed nervously.

Tears began to roll down Hannibal's face. Enough to fill a stream. "Goodbye, William."

"Hannibal" was the last thing he heard before he cut the line.

He let out a low cry, "Will"

With all his force he dashed his phone against the wall.

*Will's POV*

"You told me to talk with my parents.", his voice was calm. He was calm because there weren't any emotions left inside of him. "I did just that and they were assholes.", he added.

"And you told me Hannibal could not hurt you, told me that your happiness does not depend on him. You lied. Look at yourself.", Alana stated. A pity smile painted on her face.

"Hannibal loves me. My parents. They've done something.", his voice a bitter version of his old self.

"Your parents love you. You must accept that it is possible that Hannibal told you the truth when he last called you."

"He cried when he broke up.", Will insisted, "He lied! It's not like him to be that way" Now tears began to stream down his face. So obviously, it was possible to feel and hurt again. And there were even more tear for him to cry again, to cry some more.

Alana looked sad, "he can be that way. Believe me, I know from experience"

No It wasn't possible. She couldn't have implied that... "You two?"

"Long ago before I met Margot", his therapist explained shortly.

Will huffed. His hand went to his mouth. No just no... He bit down on his fingers to not choke out a loud sob. No, no, god please no... He turned away from her; he couldn't stand the look of her anymore. No no... It can't be. Not Hannibal...Hannibal loved him, Hannibal lied.

Or could it be true...