conjoined

*Will's POV*

"WILL"

So he had followed him.

"WILL"

The called person sat down, leaning against a tree. An oak to be specific. It was the biggest tree in the little park behind the estate. There it was quiet. It was dark. It was gentle and calm. Will closed his eyes.

"Will? Can you hear me?"

Closed his eyes and wade into the calm of the stream.

"Will, I love you"

So, he wanted him back.

When Will opened his eyes again they were full of tears.

He looked up at the night sky and tried to blink the tears away. The stars were blurred by his teary vision. But still, he could see Orion above the horizon and, near it, Jupiter. If the stars saw him now, what would they think of him, he wondered.

A boy with the chance to get the love of his life back.

A boy near the edge of death by heartache.

The one went hand in hand with the other. If he got Hannibal back just to lose Hannibal again, how would he survive. But how could he survive without him. Yet he was still so young. So young. His whole life in front of him.

But what did that even matter? His youth? His age, only a number. It meant nothing. His whole life to come? How would he know and it didn't matter to him. Nothing mattered, but Hannibal... Will had never expected to experience love. A love so destructive and devouring. Yet it was the most wonderful thing he had ever felt.

"Hannibal, I forgive you", he heard himself call to Hannibal through the darkness. It was out from his trembling lips before he even knew whether it was the right thing to do.

And so the decision was made. He knew it then. Even though Hannibal didn't. But Will knew. They would run away together. Leave this life behind to build another. Together. And he wouldn't shy away from it. Like a lamb, he would go to the slaughter. Willingly let this love devour him. And he would rise from this, become more. He and Hannibal, conjoined for life.

And then Hannibal stood in front of him. All dressed up. Dr. Lecter, the honorable psychiatrist. And he sank to his knees. Reached out to Will. Cupped his cheeks in his hands. Kissed him lightly on the lips. Will could feel his hot tears, though he didn't see them.

Will smiled into the kiss.

---

Hannibal sat down next to him, leaning against the strong oak. Together the gazed into the night sky. Will's head resting on Hannibal's shoulder. "Do you believe in God?"

A bit startled by this question after the meaningful silence they just had shared, Hannibal answered, "No, I only believe in one thing" And before Will could ask what this one thing was, he took Will's hands and turned to face his boy, "I believe in you"

The kiss they shared afterwards was deep and of pure affection. And just so they danced between the stars up there in the milky way. It was so good to taste Hannibal's lips again. Like eating after a long time of fasting. Will coaxed a deep moan out of Hannibal. What a power he had over this man.

They left together. Driving to the doctor's house.

That night Will fucked Hannibal, and if Hannibal wasn't already thunderstruck beforehand, he was afterwards by all means. Overpowered by love and emotions he could do nothing but laugh and smile. Will nuzzled against him and his last thought before falling asleep was that this was exactly the person he wanted by his side. Forever.