Frederick knows, Alana knows, Will doesn't

*Hannibal's POV *

"No, he's not that patient. He's just a normal case of depression, I'm not interested to waste my time with"
Upon saying this, Hannibal regretted it, instantly. Because he noticed that Will hadn't entered Alana's office yet and definitely wasn't out of earshot. He saw how Will's back stiffened and he walked a bit faster through the door Alana hold open for him. Alana turned to Will to say something but Hannibal couldn't make it out.
It must have been to tell him to wait in her office, though, because she left Will there, closed the door of her office and headed towards Hannibal and a still brightly smiling Frederick.
She offered them a smile and wished Frederick a good day, wanting to have a word with Hannibal, alone.

As soon as Frederick had left -not without a last sneer: "you sure, he's not that patient?"- Alana turned to Hannibal, her smile had vanished from her face.
"Hannibal, I'm not going to pretend I didn't saw you two in the car. And of what Frederick told me about your conversation, I'm pretty sure Will is exactly that patient of yours."
"My compassion and my feelings for Will are inconvenient, I know, Alana." In an afterthought he added, "that's why I'm wanting you to.."
"Hannibal" Alana interrupted him, "you don't want Frederick spreading stories about how you comforted a boy of eighteen in your car" The way she emphasised comforted made clear she doubted that Frederick would keep his gossip to the facts. She gave him a pained smile. "I'll try my best with Will, don't worry. Just promise me you won't let this destroy your good reputation. Talk to Frederick, he can be reasonable."
At that Hannibal smiled a little. But he couldn't keep his thoughts of Will, and how he had hurt him by his remark to Frederick.

*Will's POV *

Just a normal case of depression, that was all? So why the fuck didn't any of the appointments help him, why wasn't he ever diagnosed by Dr. Lecter.

Dr. Lecter, Will didn't understand that man. When he had told Will he couldn't help him, Dr. Lecter was so... so genuine and so caring. The way Will still felt their embrace, it gave him shivers down the spine, made his insides wobble, his heart skip a beat. The way Dr. Lecter's breathing was hushed and heavy. He had hold Will so close. Wrapped him in his arms.
It was nice leaning his head against Dr. Lecter's muscular shoulder. Will couldn't had helped but notice how muscular Dr. Lecter's whole body was. Not that it was important or anything. And it didn't mean anything that he hadn't been able to stop thinking how attractive he was, too. Especially, his face. I could cut myself on those cheekbones.
But what really cut and hurt him was how distant Dr. Lecter was afterwards. To waste my time with. Well, actually more than distant.
Who was that man anyway. Frederick. And what did he mean with that patient? Dr. Lecter had talked with that random guy about a patient of his? What about medical confidentiality? How could Dr. Lecter just tell this Frederick about a patient? And why would that guy think he talked about Will?

But most of the time, Will waited for Dr. Bloom in her office, he thought about why Dr. Lecter didn't want him as a patient anymore.
I can't help you
Waste of time
Dr. Lecter had been lying to him in the car. That was the only logical explanation.
No, he did not lie. He couldn't help me, that's no lie. He just... well he didn't mention the reason why. He couldn't help me because first of all no one can and secondly, he didn't even try to because he didn't want to waste his time.
It made him angry. Not with Dr. Lecter because it's not his fault that Will is a waste of time as Will thought of himself. No, he was angry with himself. He, Will, had let himself hope that there was someone who actually cared for him and in a way maybe even going so far as to like him. Despite the fact that he was... well just Will Graham.
He felt an urge to punish himself for being so dumb. But he couldn't, not now anyway. If he convinced Dr. Bloom he was alright they might stop sending him to psychiatrists and he wouldn't be bothered anymore. He forced himself to smile.
It was hard however to smile and to think about being a stupid little shit that trusted Dr. Lecter to care, at the same time.
So Will tried to occupy himself with something other than Dr. Lecter. Though, thinking about their embrace made him smile even broader.
Still, trying to find something interesting, Will started to look around. His eyes focused on a photograph of Dr. Bloom and another woman smiling brightly at the camera. They looked happy.
"That's me with my wife Margot." Will turned, startled. He hadn't noticed Dr. Bloom entering the office.
Remembering to smile, he beamed at Dr. Bloom.
She smiled back. She seemed nice. "Why don't we sit down, Will."