Five

After their meeting, Mitch grabbed Scott's hand and pulled him from the room.

Kirstie snagged Scott's other hand though. "Hey Mitchie?"

Mitch turned around when his attempts to pull Scott seemed to fail. "What?"

She held up her hand, which was holding one of Scott's. "I need to borrow your boy for a second."

Mitch looked up at Scott and slowly let go of his hand. "I.. Okay... Scottie, please find me when you're done, okay? Our room probably."

Scott instantly noticed the fear all over Mitch's face. He leaned forward and kissed Mitch's forehead. "I will."

Mitch smiled a little and met Scott's blue eyes. The eyes which spoke the words that Scott couldn't.

Scott tilted his head a little at Mitch staring at him, but still didn't say anything.

Mitch looked down at the floor. "Will you... Do that again?"

Scott smiled at him and kissed his forehead for a second time.

Mitch giggled and then took a step away. "Thank you... I'll see you in a few minutes."

He turned and walked out of the room.

Scott watched him, until he was sure Mitch was okay.

Kirstie smiled at him. "Sorry I chased him out... But I needed to talk to you earlier, and I didn't want you to forget."

Scott just nodded and then led her out of the room, because Jen was still in there doing paperwork.

Scott led her outside, being very aware of where the officers were around the institution.

Kirstie held his hand while she spoke, now that Scott had turned to her to listen attentively. "I... You know, the new guy?"

Scott slowly smiled. He knew it.

"I... I feel really bad for him. I knew someone who had an eating disorder. I'm just glad he's getting help for it... But.. You know what? Let's talk about that later. Nevermind."

Scott shook his head, carefully grabbing her forearm in hopes of encouraging her to continue.

She started on a different topic, though. "So.. You and Mitch. Why'd you tell Avi you weren't dating? You two are close enough."

Scott shook his head. "Not..."

"No. You're not dating. But you should be. Why haven't you asked him?"

Scott blinked at her, thinking the reason was quite obvious.

"Well.. You don't talk a lot. I know. But you could try. He would understand if you couldn't complete the sentence. He knows you better than anyone." She tried.

Scott shook his head in fear.

Kirstie reached out and grabbed both of his hands. "Aw, Scott... I know you're scared. But.. I mean... You want to date him, don't you?"

Scott nodded quickly.

"Then just ask him. Scott, you're never going to get what you want if you never ask for it."

Scott frowned and looked at the ground. "But..."

"But what? Tell me what you're afraid of. And I'll help you." Kirstie prompted with an encouraging smile.

Scott bit his lip, trying to think through his sentence. He looked around to see if anyone was listening to him.

Kirstie watched him curiously, and then looked around. "No one is listening, Scott. It's just you and me."