EPILOGUE

"Scottie, babe? It's time to get up!" Mitch chirped.

Scott slowly opened his eyes, hands naturally finding themselves on Mitch's waist.

The only response he could muster, was to smile up at his boyfriend; Still just as grateful to be in his presence as he was the day he met him.

Sometimes when Mitch woke him up like this, sitting on his hips with his bright, beautiful smile on his face, Scott couldn't be sure if he was awake or not.

Scott nodded once at Mitch, before whispering to him. "I'm up."

Mitch grinned widely at him. "Good! Guess where we're going today?"

Scott knew. He did. But he wouldn't ever steal Mitch's joy in the telling of it, so he didn't.

Mitch gave him a few seconds, and them squeaked in excitement. "Kevin's party! He got out today! And we'll see Kitty, and Avi Avi, and Allie and Jakey!"

Scott grinned again, nodding as he slipped his hands underneath the back of Mitch's shirt. "Can't wait."

"Me either! I'm gonna make cookies, and you should help me! Oh, and don't forget you need to call your mom today. And what am I supposed to remember?" He asked rhetorically, mostly baiting Scott to speak.

"An appointment at noon."

"Correct!" Mitch grabbed him with both hands on each side of Scott's face to lean down and kiss him once. "I'm so proud of you!"

Scott chuckled quietly, before tapping Mitch's hip a few times. "Gotta shower."

Mitch stood quickly and gasped. "Can I come with you? Please?"

"Of course."

Mitch held Scott's hand and dragged him to the bathroom.

Scott watched as Mitch stripped off his shirt, and then Mitch turned to grab his hand. "Will you give me a compliment? Please?"

"Beautiful." He responded instantly.

****

Scott finished up Mitch's cookies, pulling them out of the oven to cool for a bit while Mitch was in the living room with his nurse.

She came by everyday to make sure he was doing alright, taking his pills and all.

Scott previously had one of those too, but it was a waste of time. Mitch was the only person who could get him to talk, and everyone knew it.

Scott quickly wiped down the counter and did a hurried clean of the kitchen, listening to Mitch talk to his nurse, smiling to himself each time Mitch laughed or giggled.

Sometimes he'd even smile when he could hear it in Mitch's voice that he was smiling too.

The nurse left soon after, saying goodbye to Scott as well when she left.

Mitch then went through their cabinets to find a pretty plate to put all the cookies on. "Can we use a red one? Or is it a bad thing to remind everyone of the group we were in?"

"Use it."

Mitch obeyed, bringing the plate over to the cookie tray. "You don't think it's a bad memory?"

Scott shook his head quickly, giving Mitch a small smile; a smile that Mitch recognized to be his 'I'm gonna say something really cheesy that's gonna make you fall impossibly more in love with me' smile.

Scott blushed a little too before he spoke. "Met you."

"Aww!" Mitch stared at him for a second. "That's so sweet. Then we are absolutely going with the red."