Eleven

Mitch and Kirstie sat in the back of the room, although Jake and Kevin were closer to the front.

Avi came back from the bathroom and sat in the empty seat beside Mitch. "Is this seat taken?"

"As if anyone would want to sit by me." Mitch replied sarcastically.

Avi frowned a little. "Of course they would. I'm lucky I got here first."

Kirstie giggled a little, her hand in Mitch's.

Mitch shook his head. "Scott should be sitting there. They know better than to sit by me, because Scott is supposed to be there."

Avi nodded slowly. "Okay. Do you want me to move?"

"He's not coming, obviously." Mitch snapped.

Kirstie reached over with her other hand and smacked Mitch's thigh. "Hey. Don't be mean."

Mitch let go of her hand and pulled his legs up on the chair, keeping his eyes on the movie. "I'm sorry, Avi. I'm sorry."

Avi leaned over and set his head on Mitch's shoulder. "I forgive you."

Kirstie smiled at them and then finally looked over to the large screen. "What movie is this, anyway?"

********

Scott was just sitting at the desk in the corner of Alex and Jake's room, reading a book that Jake left lying there.

Alex had fallen asleep the instant he laid down on his bed, and was peaceful from then on.

Suddenly he started shaking his head slowly, whimpering slightly.

Scott glanced over for a second.

Alex's movements became more erratic, and he started to cry, still asleep.

Scott stood up quickly and walked over to the bed, setting his hands on Alex's shoulders to wake him up.

Scott looked around in a panic when he wouldn't wake up, not sure if he could speak loud enough to wake him by himself.

Scott settled on physical contact, leaning down to hug him as tight as he could, pulling him from the bed and whispering in his ear. "Please wake up."

Alex jolted awake, hugging Scott back before he even knew what he was doing. "Oh God."

Scott moved away and scanned Alex's face, trying to see if he was okay.

Alex laid back down and ran his hands over his face. "Oh God." He repeated.

Scott climbed onto the bed and laid down next to him, giving him another hug.

Alex hugged back. "You're so sweet. Even without words, you're easily one of the nicest people I've ever met. And yes, I'm fine. Just a nightmare."

Scott looked up and smiled at him for his kind words.

Alex put an arm over Scott's shoulders, and then pulled his body to lay on top of his own, before squeezing him tightly, and then trying to fall asleep again.

Scott relaxed into him a little, deciding he could use a nap too.

It had almost been a complete hour, when Jake walked into the room quietly, knowing Alex was probably asleep.

He smiled at the pair, and took his jacket off, setting it on his own bed, before walking over to the others and setting a hand on Scott's shoulder. "I'm sorry to wake you. But Scott, you have like ten seconds until Mitch comes looking for you."