Fifty One

The following week was both very happy and very sad. But to most of them, it was just another week.

Avi spent it making as many memories as possible with Kevin, though they tried to be light about it. Kevin wouldn't be stuck here much longer either.

Kirstie just hung out with Avi, as well as Alex to be sure Alex would be okay here on his own for another week. She truly hoped Jake wouldn't make it too difficult for him.

Scott and Mitch spent all of their time together, not that that's surprising. They snuck food outside to enjoy it together on their hill, under the tree.

Scott loved the idea of them being on a 'date', so he was willing to get in trouble if he got caught sneaking it out there. Of course he'd never let Mitch try to do it, for fear of him getting the same consequence.

At the last Red Group meeting, Jen brought in all kinds of treats and things, celebrating Kevin's progress as well even though he wasn't getting out for a little while.

Scott shared his food with Mitch whenever Mitch asked to try something, sometimes offering things without Mitch specifically asking for it, just so he could see the shorter boy's smile.

Kirstie sat on the other side of Scott, trying to guilt him into eating the cake that Jen had brought. "But... It cost money, Scott. Isn't it rude not to eat it?"

Scott glanced over at her with a pout, taking a bite of the cookie in his hands. He was eating.

Kevin knew Avi wouldn't eat as much as the rest of them, but he still made sure to tell Avi that he was proud of him for trying.

Mitch suddenly lit up with an idea, standing from his seat. "Oh my gosh!"

Scott grabbed his hand immediately, worry sketched into his features.

Mitch didn't move though. "You guys should come see Scott and I's spot! We could have a little picnic there!"

Jen stood immediately, wanting to be as excited as he was. "Okay! Let's do it!"

Everyone grabbed a few snacks, and followed Mitch to the hill with the tree on it.

Scott snuck off momentarily, hurrying to Jake and Alex's room to share the food with them. He'd handed Alex a few cookies, and Jake a cupcake, before he turned to leave.

As he stood in the doorway, he grinned. "Love you."

Alex smiled right back. "We love you too, Scott." Jake just waved at him. "I'm gonna miss you."

Scott took a few steps back into the room, to grab Jake's hand. "I'll miss you too."

When he returned back to the others, they were all sitting on the hill watching the pond just outside the fence line of the institution.

Kirstie nearly lost her mind when she saw a few of the ducks. "Oh my God! Look how cute they are!"

Mitch just giggled. "Aren't they?"

Jen smiled at him, sitting beside Kirstie while she ate a cupcake. "Have you named them yet?"

"Nope. We just like to think of them as Duckies."

Kirstie pointed to the smallest one. "That one's Mitch." And then she pointed to the biggest one. "And that one's Scott."

Kevin watched as one of the ducks ducked his head under the water, and then rose back up with a loud quack. He laughed loudly, and pushed Avi's shoulder. "That one's you!"

Avi gasped in mock offense. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you make me laugh."

Avi turned to see the ducks as well, watching one duck bump into the duck that Kevin had deemed to be Avi. "Well then that little guy is you."

Mitch leaned on Scott's shoulder with a happy hum. "That's what Allie calls me."

Scott kissed his forehead. "Visit?"

"Yeah. I really want to visit all of them after we leave. Would you come with me to do that?"

Scott nodded a few times, grinning.

"Maybe we can bring cupcakes for everyone."

Scott nodded again, turning his head to watch the small family of ducks in the pond again.

"Scottie? Do your parents know about me?"

"Yes."

"And they like me?"

"Yes."

"Oh good... My parents know about you too. And they like you a lot. Do you think... We'll be able to hang out a lot? And... Keep our relationship?"

"Of course." Scott whispered to him, still smiling.

"And can we hang out with Kitty? And Avi? And Allie? And Kevin?"

"Yes."

Kirstie reached over to grab Mitch's hand. "I'm so excited for that! We can go see movies, and eat junk food and talk about boys!"

"Just like normal people!" Mitch responded with a giggle.

Avi took a small bite of a cookie. "Kit? Just... Out of curiosity. Where are you going to go? Like..."

"Probably to stay with my grandma for a while until she's convinced I can live on my own."

Mitch giggled. "You should come stay with me! My parents would love you!"

"Okay. We'll exchange numbers when we leave, okay?"

Mitch nodded quickly, and then turned his head a little. "Jen? Can I have your number too? I don't wanna lose you. I'll miss you lots."

Jen just grinned at him. "Of course you can, Mitch. Come get me tomorrow, okay? Before you leave. I'd also like to have a word or two with your parents, if that's okay."

"That's perfectly fine!"

Scott threw an arm over Mitch's shoulders, when the others continued to converse amongst themselves.

Mitch faced him a little, resting his head on Scott's shoulder, and his hand came up to rest on Scott's chest. "I'm so proud of how far you've come, Scotchie."

"I'm proud of you too."

Mitch was quiet for a second, closing his eyes to imprint a good memory in his brain. Something that he could think about whenever he remembered this hospital.

He could feel Scott's arm tighten a little around him, before Scott spoke softly, only to Mitch. "I think you are the most gorgeous person I've ever met. And... I am so happy that I got to meet you, and fall in love with you. You mean the world to me, and I would not be half of the man that I am, had I not met you, Mitch Grassi."

Mitch's eyes shot wide open. "Scott, oh my... Holy God, how am I supposed to top that? I love you too. Please don't ever stop speaking to me."

"Literally wouldn't dream of it."

****

*THE END*

OMG-- Your thoughts???

Firstly, let me also say I will probably not write a sequel, for a few different reasons, haha. BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT, AHHH

Mama Alpha, signing off ;)

****