Fifty

Alex and Scott both had their counseling meetings around the same times, having to go to the Administration building to do so.

Alex waited for Scott to be done, mostly because he needed help walking back, but also because he wanted to know how his meeting went.

When Scott walked out, his eyes widened a little at Alex waiting for him, as he hadn't expected him to wait. He walked over to the other boy quickly, but then his face conformed a little in realization. "Help?"

Alex nodded a few times. "If you don't mind, yes please."

Scott instantly grabbed Alex's wrist and then set Alex's hand on his shoulder, sliding his own hand onto Alex's waist to help him walk.

Alex cringed a little, but once he'd gotten used to the pain he spoke up. "So? How'd it go? Are you getting out?"

Scott shrugged a little, not meeting his eyes.

"It's okay if you aren't, Scott. You won't be the only one that's still here. It's not like all seven of us will get out at the same time."

Scott shrugged again. "You?"

"I don't really know yet. I'd like to talk to Jake before anything happens... Just so I know he's going to be okay if we get split up somehow."

Scott prompted him a little. "Jake..?"

"Yeah, Jake." Alex raised an eyebrow at him. "Oh, you want me to talk about him?"

Scott nodded once.

"He's, uh. He's good I guess. Hasn't had an episode in a while, which is good for him. Um... He and I are doing okay. I think I made a mistake by telling him I might like him back, though... Now he's all clingy. But I think that's just because he thinks one of us will get out, so he wants to go through a whole relationship before then."

Scott shook his head slowly, disapprovingly.

"I know. It's not good for either of us. I know that. But... I feel kind of bad for him."

Mitch came out of nowhere, probably having just come from lunch, and ran over to them. "Hi!"

Alex grinned at him. "Hey, little guy. Did you have a good lunch?"

"Yes I did! It was weird without you guys there, though. And Allie aren't you late for your Group now?"

"I'm not going today because of the counseling thing. So... No."

"Oh, okay." Mitch looked to Scott then, taking a pause. "So how'd the meeting go? Were they nice to you?"

Scott nodded, giving him a small smile.

"Oh good! That's good. Are you going back to our room now? Can I come with you?"

Scott just nodded, looking toward the door of the dormitories, where he was headed.

Mitch held the door open for them, and then rushed in front of them to open Alex's bedroom door.

Jake was sitting there waiting, as he'd missed his meeting to be sure Alex was okay. He stood quickly. "Oh! Hey, Al."

Alex tilted his head a little. "What are you doing here? Why aren't you at Group?"

"I told them I wanted to be sure you were okay, and all. So I missed today."

Mitch helped Alex sit down on the bed, though he gave Jake a weird look. "You missed? But what about your schedule?"

Jake just shrugged. "Something more important came up."