Chapter 1

My legs burn as I run like a bat out of hell, sprinting down the alleys of Yamato. Fuck, I've really done it this time, is all I can think, before I stop to catch my breath for a minute. I could probably run faster if I ditched some of my stuff, but I don't have much. Plus what I do have, is all I have left of my parents, so no way in hell am I ditching any of it.

       "There she is, get her!" I hear someone yelling, accompanied by the sound of pounding feet. I immediately break out into a run at the sound, a quick glance back lets me know they found me, and there were too many for me to fight on my own. I needed to ditch them somehow. I can hear the water nearby, and run towards the port, where the ships are docked. I take one last quick glance over my shoulder before diving into a nearby barrel, and pulling the lid on over me. I close my eyes, listening intently, hoping like hell this would work. Eventually, all I could hear was the sound of the water, rising and falling, as I feel everything catch up with me, my eyes closing as I finally give in to sleep.

               I wake up startled as I feel the barrel slowly move back and forth, like it was rocking. Shit, did I stay here all night? Is the first thought that crosses my mind, but as long as I ditched the navy I guess I doesn't matter. I push on the lid, trying to open the barrel, but it won't budge. "What the fuck." I curse, banging on the lid, hoping it will open. The lid suddenly lifts off when I least expect it, and I tumble out of it.

I land on my ass, after I roll out, finally noticing that some ginger kid was looking at me wide eyed, clearly surprised. "Shit, there's a woman instead of booze... Nathan's gonna kill me." He says, his brown eyes wide as he looks me over.

             "Shit." I curse, holding my head as I finally manage to stand up. My head was pounding, and my legs felt wobbly, as I tried to steady myself.

               "Thomas what the hell is taking so long?" A gruff voice yelled from the top of the stairs, behind the ginger kid. I hear someone start to walk down the steps, as I start finally looking around. The walls were wooden, and the room I was in had a bunch of crates and barrels. Clearly, I wasn't on the docks anymore, but on one of the ships.

                 "Shit." I mutter again, before looking back towards the stairs, to find a new guy staring at me, looking pissed. This one, looked older then the ginger, and taller. He was about average build for a guy in his twenties, with shaggy light brown hair, that grazed his darker brown eyes. The brown hair was mostly tucked underneath a black bandanna. He wore black pants, an apron hanging over his pants, with a teal shirt, that was underneath a white collared shirt. A chain hung around his waist as well, I noticed, and I also noticed he was kinda cute, even though he didn't look to happy to see me.

                "Thomas what the hell?" Bandanna exclaims, looking to the ginger kid then back at me, while gesturing with his hands.

              "I don't know, she was in the barrel!" Thomas yells at bandanna, getting flustered, as he started to panic.

                "Hey it's not..." I try to talk to him, as I take a step forward, but I stumble, as the room starts spinning. I feel arms catch me, and I can barely make out it was bandanna who catches me, before everything goes black.

             I wake up to the sound of voices. "She gonna be okay doc?" Same gruff voice as earlier, bandanna boy I think.

"She's okay, tired, and some lumps and bruises mostly, but she should be fine." A new voice speaks, gentler then either of the two boys I had met earlier.

I open my eyes, and sit up, looking around. Looks like I'm in some kind of make shift doctors office, or examination room. I look and see three guys, only one is new to me, I recognize the ginger and bandanna guy. The new one is dark skinned, a pretty mocha color, with dark eyes and hair to match. He looks friendly, with kind and gentle eyes. He gets up, and walks towards me. I jump and back away out of reflex.

"Don't scare her doc!" exclaims the ginger.. think his name is Thomas?

                 "I'm sorry miss, we won't hurt you." the doc says, as he approaches me carefully. He walks toward me slowly like I'm a startled animal or something.

                "What happened?" I finally ask, looking at him.

"You passed out, Nathan and Thomas brought you to me.... I'm Christopher, the ship's doctor." he explains gently. I take in my surroundings and check myself. Boots on, black pants, red shirt, sash. Well I still have all my clothes...that's always good.

              "Well doc, thanks." I say, shaking his hand. I look towards ginger and bandanna. "Sorry about that, I was running back in Yamato, was getting chased. I was out numbered, and i hid in the barrel. Didn't realize it would go on a ship." I admit sheepishly.

"Oh it's alright miss?" Thomas starts then looks at me questioningly, realizing I had never offered my name.

             "Oh I'm sorry. Arabella." I respond, shaking Thomas' hand. Nathan stays silent. Maybe I should have lied, but they seem harmless enough. Though I do notice I'm missing some of the things I had with me. I notice I'm missing my brown coat and weapons.

                I try and casually scan the room, looking for the rest of my belongings, but Christopher picks up on what I'm looking for. "Your belongings are in a pile under the table." he says kindly.

"Oh thank you." I say, feeling relieved, as I bend down to retrieve my things.

               "Lot a weapons for a woman." Nathan suddenly remarks flippantly, narrowing his brown eyes as he looks me over, the sarcasm clear in his voice, like he thinks I stole it all or something.

             "Well bet your ass I can use them all pretty boy." I scoff, rolling my eyes. He glares but doesn't say anything else.

Christopher interrupts, clearing his throat. "If you're ready, the rest of the crew and the captain are on the deck." He smiles, gently leading me towards the door. Though I have no clue what the hell I've gotten myself into, I follow him sour to the deck, curious.

We reach the deck, where three more new faces are waiting. The first, a handsome older man, with shoulder length brown hair, and stormy grey eyes. He's wearing a maroon coat, over a white shirt, and black pants, plus a captains hat. There's multiple flashy necklaces hanging from his neck, with sparkling jewels, and a sword hanging from his belt.

                The second, is younger then the first, handsome in a different way, with shorter but slicked back brown hair. His only visible eye is a caramel brown, the other covered by an eye patch. He too wears a maroon overcoat, less flashy then the captains, with a white shirt, and black pants. He has a cocky air about him, and a scowl on his face, with a pistol strapped on his belt.

           The third is younger still than the last, tall, with dirty blonde shaggy hair, that hangs over his green eyes. He wears a white long sleeved collared shirt, with a blue vest over it, black pants and a red sash. He has two swords hanging from his belt.

"This is captain Morgan, Eduardo, and Russell." Christopher informs me.

             "Hello." is all I manage, as I look the rest of the handsome strangers over.

           "So this is the scrawny stow away huh?" Eye patch raises an eyebrow, sarcasm lacing his words, as he looks me over. He, or Eduardo as he was introduced, looked unimpressed. He gets a mischievous glint in his eye, as he draws his pistol. "More like puny shark food, I think." He snorts dismissively, pointing his pistol at me.

              "I'd like to see you try." I glare, before grabbing my two swords from their harness strapped on my back. I get into position, and eye patch rolls his eyes and puts his gun away.

" Ha ha ha... she's got spunk!" The captain laughs, as he gives me a once over like everyone else. I hesitantly put my swords back in their sheaths. "I like a girl with spunk!" The captain continues, "Welcome aboard the Sirus young lady, I'm captain Morgan. Boys, I believe we just found our newest crew member."