Chapter 22

( Christopher's POV )

Everyone split off to explore Pirate Island, and to see what events they could participate in. Everyone splitting off into groups of two, with two groups of three, Thomas and Nero being the third wheels. I followed Luna over to the event sign up, trying to decide what to do first. I had no idea what I wanted to sign up for, so I just glanced through the events, as I flipped the pages. I looked over at Luna, who seemed to be off in her own little world concentrating on what to pick.

I can't help smiling at her, as she studies the pages in front of her, biting her lip as she focuses. Her beautiful dark hair was starting to fall in her face as she read, and though I wanted to move it for her, I was unsure if I should. She was always very kind, with her gentle warm brown eyes, and kind smile, always seeming to smile at everyone. You had to look closer, to see the deep rooted sadness that sometimes reflected in her beautiful eyes. The reason behind that sadness was a mystery to most of us, not wanting to force her to tell us anything, we all just hoped that one day she would feel comfortable enough to share her story with us.

I hoped one day she would trust me enough to tell me, and though I know she is a strong young woman, I'd always been afraid to broach the subject with her. "Do you know what you want to participate in Luna?" I ask her, as I finally give in to the urge to brush her hair back, placing it behind her ear once more.

She finally looks up from the papers, meeting my gaze and giving me a kind smile, the one I'd grown so fond of. "I think I want to do the dagger throwing. There's one where we can do it in pairs, would you want to do it with me?" She asks, excitement dancing in her eyes, as she looks at me.

"Sure. I'm probably not as good as you though." I tell her, not able to bring myself to tell her no, even though the truth of it is, I'm terrible at dagger throwing. Absolutely terrible.

Her eyes light up at my answer, almost making it worth the humiliation that is sure to come because of my horrible dagger throwing. "That's okay. Besides, I'm sure you can't be that bad." she says laughing, as she signs us both up for the event.

I sigh, scratching the back of my neck. She has no idea that I really am that bad. We start to head towards the arena, seeing Russell and Kris along the way, with Nero. Kris is hugging Nero, and Russell looks pissed. I glance at Luna, who shakes her head in amusement at the scene. "I swear sometimes she's so oblivious." She says as she looks at them.

I nod my head in agreement."I think everyone knows but her." i add, as we pass them. I feel bad for Russell, but he hasn't exactly made a move yet. Though I guess I have no room to talk as well, considering I haven't either. I look over at Luna, as we walk together. I've grown very fond of the fan wielding pirate, in the short time I've known her. Not only was she very kind, and beautiful, but intelligent as well. Though her kindness seems to be like a light, that draws people to her.

She has started to help me out in the infirmary, though at first it was mostly helping me organize, until she mentioned she was into plants and animals. She had a knowledge in plants that was useful for medicine, so I started having her help me with the herbs and different remedies that involved plants. She even somehow managed to win Nate over as well, as far as him letting her in the kitchen whenever she wanted to bake. It had reached a point where she didn't even need his permission anymore, for he trusted her with the kitchen as much as he trusted Arabella with it. Something for which Eduardo frequently teased Nate about now, how women were taking his kitchen and he was going soft.

We finally reach the arena, bringing me from my thoughts. "You ready?" she asks me smiling, and I nod, motioning for her to go first. Oh I hope for once I can do this.