Chapter 2

Exclamations of shock and protest ring out from a few across the crew.

"She's just a kid." Eduardo scoffs, rolling his eye, like he couldn't believe their captain was even suggesting such a thing.

"She's a puny girl." Russell protest, shaking his head, his green eyes narrowing.

"We don't know nothin' 'bout her." Nathan adds gruffly, frowning as he spared me a quick glance, before returning his attention back to his captain.

"Quiet down." Captain booms, the crew immediately falling silent at his words. "Though if you wouldn't mind, you're welcome to stay, and join the crew. I admit I'd like to know more about you myself." he finishes, as they all look at me.

Apparently I stumbled upon the Sirius pirates, what the hell. "The names Arabella sir, yes, I'd be honored to join your crew." I shrug, why not, taking him up on his offer.

The captain laughs at my answer, making me wonder if he was always this happy, or just drunk. "Welcome aboard Arabella!! We're a bit short on rooms, so you'll have to stay with one of the crew. All we ask is you help out a little like everyone else here." Morgan explains, seemingly laid back about the whole thing.

"Well Cap, I do feel the need to mention, I've got a bounty on my head. The navy bastards were chasing me when I jumped into your barrel." I warn him, hoping he doesn't change his mind about letting me stay. I look at the crew, they all start grinning at each other, before Morgan speaks again.

"I appreciate the info, but were pirates, we all have a bounty on our heads. Pick whoever you want to room with, and I'll see you tomorrow." Morgan finishes, as he starts to walk away. He stops though and turns back, waiting to see who I pick I think.

I look at all the guys, debating. Definitely not Eduardo, seems too trigger happy. Russell is scowling at me, so I'll stay away from that one as well. That only leaves the doc, Thomas, and Nathan. Doc and Thomas seem the nicest, but, for some reason I keep looking at Nathan. My eyes meet Nathan's, he seems kinda gruff and off putting, but fuck it, he's cute. "Nathan." I make my choice, a smile tugging my lips.

"Dammit. Why me?" Nathan asks, looking irritated.

"Alright. She rooms with Nathan." The captain cuts in before Nathan can protest more. Everyone heads off to their rooms, and I follow Nathan.

Nathan opens the door for me and gestures for me to go in. I look around, it's a simple room, with one bed, a dresser, closet, and a small table in the corner. "You can put your things over there if ya want." he says quietly, gesturing to the small table in the corner.

"Thank you." I reply as I walk over to the table. I take off my shoulder holster that holds my two swords, and place them on the table. Next, I remove my sash from my waist that holds my staff and dagger. Finally, I remove my coat.

             I turn around to find Nathan staring. "Again, that's a decent weapon cache for a woman." He muses, a smirk tugging his lips, as he looks over my stash.

"Yea well I'm not your typical woman." I reply curtly, shrugging it off.

         He raises an eyebrow at my words, like he still doesn't believe that. "We'll see." he answers simply, "You can have the bed, goodnight." he quickly mutters, before stretching out on the floor.

             I look at him baffled, but crawl onto the bed anyway. He might actually be nicer then I originally thought. "Thanks...g-goodnight Nathan."

I wake up the next morning to find Nathan gone. I get up, stretch, put my coat back on and all my weaponry, as the boys refer to it, and go off in search of the crew. I find them in a dinning room of sorts surrounding a table. All except for Nathan that is. "Good morning miss Arabella!" Thomas chirps happily

"Good morning Thomas!" I smile at the boy, he seems younger than the rest.

"Just in time for breakfast." Eduardo smirks, glancing over at me from his seat.

I shoot Eduardo a glare, but choose not to grace that with a response."Where's Nathan?" I ask, looking back over to Thomas.

"He's the chef miss Arabella, he's cooking breakfast right now." Thomas answers, smiling, before pointing to the door that most likely lead to the kitchen.

"Oh. I see. Well I'll go see if he needs any help." I reply, heading towards the kitchen.

" Can you even cook? If not all you'll get is yelled at by Nate." Russell yells after me. I shrug it off, and continue to go into the kitchen.

Nathan looks up when I enter, and glares. " What the hell ya doin' in my kitchen woman?"

"I wanted to see if you needed a hand."

"No. Get out." Nathan immediately shoots me down, grumbling.

"Look asshole, I'm just trying to be nice. So let me help!" I growl back, getting up in his face. His eyes widen, as his face turns a light pink, when he realizes his face is now only inches from mine. He takes a quick step back, putting some distance between us.

"Peel those potatoes." He instructs, not sounding too pleased. I nod, agreeing, before I gather my long brown hair and tie it up quickly. Then, quickly peel the potatoes, chop them, and put them in the pot. "Okay now I'll chop them." Nathan says, turning around.

"Took care of it already there princess." I smirk haughtily, purposely picking the girliest nickname I could think of to call him at the moment. He looks stunned, his mouth quirking up on one side.

"I take it this isn't the first time you've done this." he says smiling.

I laugh, shaking my head. "I cooked in a restaurant for a little bit." I admit, smiling.

"Really?" he asks, smiling. "Okay but that still doesn't explain all the weaponry." he adds, looking at my swords, that I had strapped on.

"I grew up with thieves." I admit. "My parents were apart of the thieves guild."

"Take these plates out, I'll bring the rest in a minute." He changes the subject, handing me the plates. I take them into the dinning room, and I sit down next to Russell. Leaving the last empty seat next to me.

"So how did you learn to use two swords?" Russell asks, glancing over shyly. The rest of the chatter died down, as everyone looked at me curiously. Nathan came in, and sat down next to me. Well whatever guess i can share my story, at least some of it.