Chapter 21

( Russell's POV )

                   This was it, we had finally arrived at Pirate Island, for the pirate games. We had dropped Sara off the morning after the wedding, then headed here. We had offered to drop Nero off, but he asked to stay with us, and accompany us to the games, and unfortunately, Captain agreed. I mean, I get it, I'm happy for Nathan, especially after we found out that they were real brothers, I just wish he wouldn't follow Kris around all the time. 

                  He's even following us now, as we split off and try to pick events. Most everyone split off with their roommate, though Nero just had to tag along with me and Kris. I look over the events, contemplating what to enter. I wanted to do a fencing one, and see if Kris wanted to enter something with me after that.

                  "They have sports do you think they have volleyball?" Kris asks, as she flips through the list of events next to me. Shes flipping through the team events, as I quickly flip through the solo events, looking for the fencing competition. 

                  "Probably." I answer shrugging, as I finally find the fencing, and quickly sign up.

                  "Well I'd really like to do that, I hope they have it." She murmurs, still flipping through pages.

                 I finally glance over to her, but before I can say anything, Nero runs up to her, smiling. "Hey Kris, I know you wanted to do volleyball, so I signed us up to be partners, I hope that's okay?" he asks, smiling at her.

                 "Are you serious?" I mutter, though I don't think she hears me, because she flings herself at Nero, hugging him in her excitement.

                "Really? Thank you! Thanks so much Nero!" She shouts laughing, as he picks her up, swinging her around a few times, her brown wavy hair getting in her face as he swings her around. Dammit. He finally puts her down, and she runs over to me, excitement in her beautiful hazel eyes, as she grabs my hands. "You'll come watch us right? After your done fencing?" she asks, and though every part of me can't stand the thought of watching her with Nero, I agree anyway. 

                "Yea sure." I say halfheartedly, as i try to give her a genuine smile. Who am I kidding? i knew I'd say yes, even though I didn't want to. I knew I was done for, the second she looked at me with those warm hazel eyes, that were shining with excitement. "I'll meet up with ya after the fencing okay?" I add, before turning and heading towards the fencing arena. 

                  I run my hand back through my hair in frustration, trying to make myself focus, as I reach the fencing arena. Shit. When did I start feeling this way? When did I start to care about her? When did it reach the point when I would do almost anything to see her smile, and hear her laugh? 

                  I shake my head, trying to clear my thoughts as I step into the arena, getting my swords into position. My opponent makes the first move, and I block him easily, and  the deadly dance begins. It's like second nature to me by now, and I don't have to over think it. I can already feel my mind wandering again as I continue to fight. I can't help it, the thought of watching her with Nero pisses me off, makes my damn blood boil. Arabella's words play through my thoughts as well, about how if I want her I need to fight for her, before someone else takes her.

                  I'm not sure when exactly this all started, but hell, she's in my thoughts too much these days. Hell I thought my heart was gonna fall out when I watched Nero with her, my chest tightening at the sight. Shit... Hell if I'm honest with myself, I was doomed from the start, when she walked right up to me, staring me down with her fierce yet beautiful  hazel eyes, announcing she was my roommate.