Chapter 14

I wake up in a very small cell, with my hands tied behind my back. Shit. "Thomas!" I call out, hoping he's close by, and awake..

"Miss Arabella! I think I'm right across from you." I hear the familiar sound of his voice, and I sigh in relief. He's close, and awake.

I start to scoot across the floor, pulling myself forward with my legs, my ass scraping across the floor. This not being able to use my hands is gonna get irritating, I think, scowling at the thought. I reach the door of my cell, and prop my side against it, so I can look into the cell across mine. "Ya okay Thomas?" I ask, looking the youngest member of our crew over, looking for visible injuries.

"I'm alright Miss Arabella... but more importantly we need a way out of here."

I nod."Yea, but we need to think over some options before we make our move. This is a top navy jail Thomas, it's easier said than done." I add, looking at him. I don't want to be negative, but I need to be honest, this isn't going to be easy. "I'm not saying it can't be done, but once we move, we've only got one shot ya know?" I add, shrugging.

He nods."Okay. Well can you uh do your thing? Ya know the charge bomb thing?" he asks, with a hopeful look in his eye.

I shake my head."No. I would, but I don't have anything small to charge. I could charge the doors, but charging something that big, the explosion would be too big, it could kill us, or injure us to the point it wouldn't be worth it. Can't run very far if we're injured." I admit sadly. "Plus these cells are so damn small, an explosion would most likely kill us, if not injure us for sure." I add, trying to think of a better idea.

"Got any weapons?" he asks, though the look on his face tells me that he knows just as well as I do, they took all of our weapons.

I snort."Nope. Plus I don't think they are stupid enough to leave us armed." I tell him, laughing. "Our best bet is when they open the doors, but even then, chances aren't good. We need a form of weapon, and to be able to use our hands. We take care of both of those, I think we can get out." I add, thinking more about our predicament. Damn this sucks.

He nods."Okay. What about when they let us out to take us to the hanging gallows?" he asks shyly, blushing as he speaks.

I smile at him."Actually that's a good idea. It's risky, but our best chances to get free would be on the way there, while they walk a bunch of us there... yea I think that's our best bet." I nod in approval. Kid has a good idea every so often...

He smiles, and blushes again."We might be in here a few days before that happens though." he adds, frowning at the thought.

I shrug."That's okay. Gives us time to get ready to make our move. Ya know, untie ourselves, get somethin' to fight with."

"Yea. You think the crew might come save us before then Miss Arabella?" he asks, hopefully.

I shrug."I honestly don't know Thomas. I think if they knew where we were they might try, but just in case they haven't found out we're here, we can't rely on that." I tell him, trying to be honest.

"Well, I don't think they would leave us behind. Plus Nathan would do anything to find you." he adds, winking at me.

"I don't think they would leave us behind... as far as Nate... well... I don't know about that." I admit, glancing away from him, looking at the wall in my cell.