Chapter 30

( Christopher's POV )
                  It's the last event, the treasure hunt. Luna offers to take Thomas with us, but he declines, so we head out. We had grown closer since the dagger throwing event we did together, and ever since she told me about her past. Though I hadn't outright told her that I loved her, I hoped she could tell, from the little things. I was naturally drawn to her most of the time, frequently reaching for her hand as we walked together, to the point I almost didn't realize when I was doing it.

               She was one of the most kind people I had ever met, and she always seemed to be smiling, despite what she had been through in her life. She was truly amazing.

            "You're spacing out again Chris." She teases, laughing, as we walk to another ship.

               "Sorry, I'm not trying to." I reply sheepishly, feeling my face heat up at her words. Sometimes I felt like an idiot around her, or more so I seemed to be a little more clumsy around her than normal.

              "I don't really mind, I'm just teasing you a bit" she answers laughing, as she grabs my hand, pulling me along, her beautiful brown eyes dancing with excitement.

             We finally reach the other ship, quietly making our way on board. It was captain Vladimir's ship, a captain that I was personally not acquainted with, though I thought he was one of the newer captain's if I remembered right.

           We quietly sneak past a few crew members that were on the deck, heading towards the captain's quarters. Every year that seemed to be the popular spot for hiding the treasures, not exactly sure why, though I guess they might figure it's safe in there.

              Luna starts digging through boxes in the room, in the closet, while I start on the shelves. "How's Talon? Did you see him today?" I ask, as I slowly start setting some items from the shelf onto the floor carefully.

              "No not today, though I saw him yesterday. He's good, it seems like we'll never have enough time to catch up though. It's crazy that we ran into each other here, but I'm so glad we did." She says, and I can hear the happiness in her voice.

             "I'm really happy for you both. I'm sorry that you were separated for so long, thinking he wasn't even alive." I say quietly, as I continue my search on another shelf.

           "Yeah. I remember you thought he was my boyfriend at first." She adds, laughing quietly, as she digs through another box. "You started walking away, and at first it didn't really occur to me that you would think that, though looking back I guess I could see it." She says, glancing my way, a sly smile pulling at her lips.

             I can't help return her smile, as I meet her gaze, walking over to her. "I was...well it really hurt, thinking you had someone already. I couldn't bear to stand there and watch honestly." I say, taking her hands in mine, and squeezing them gently. She blushes slightly at my words, as she looks at me. "I had already cared for you a lot then Luna. I care more and more for you each day, the more time I spend with you. I can't stand the thought of you with anyone else." I add, as I pull her into an embrace.

               I place my hand on the side of her face, her brown eyes meeting mine, as my thumb slowly traces her bottom lip. I lean down, bringing my lips to hers in a gentle kiss. She kisses me back, the kiss changing from gentle to slightly heated, as we hold onto each other, my fingers tangling in her beautiful dark hair.

                We break apart when we hear someone clearing their throat in the doorway, and quickly look over to see Talon, Luna's brother, giving us a sly smile, as he laughs quietly. "I'm going to pretend I didn't see you kissing my little sister there, Chris. Though if you're here for the treasure, I suggest you hurry up, before the rest of the crew returns, or the next person comes to check on it" he says, still laughing.

                Luna is blushing profusely, her face bright red, as she looks at her brother. "Hey Talon." She says, running a hand back through her dark hair as she meets his gaze.

              He shakes his head, laughing once more, as he smiles at her. His smile reminds me a lot of hers, actually. "Like I said, you'd better hurry. You're lucky it was me that caught you. You're on the right track though, the right room" he adds, giving his sister a playful wink, as he turns and leaves the room.

           "Well that was kinda embarrassing." She mumbles, and I can't help laughing.

            "He was pretty nice about it though. He didn't seem mad or anything like that. More like he was just teasing you." I say, as I reach over to ruffle her hair.

                "Yea well.. We should hurry like he says then." She answers quietly, as she starts pulling boxes from underneath the bed, and starts going through them.

             I join her on the floor, going through a box as I sit next to her, as we try to quickly go through the boxes. After another good ten minutes or so, Luna finally finds it.

             "Got it!!" She announces excitedly, as she shows me a jeweled necklace, with emeralds sparkling on a silver chain.

             "Nicely done, let's go then" I reply, taking her hand in mine as we quietly leave the room. We creep quietly towards the deck, though we hear the sounds of voices from the way we were heading.

               "It sounds like more of the crew has returned." Luna whispers beside me, and I nod. "It's the only way to leave though. Guess we just have to go for it. You ready?" She asks, a mischievous glint in her brown eyes as she looks at me.

              "Ready whenever you are." I add, smiling at her. I grip her hand firmly, as we both try to walk as fast and as quietly as we can, heading for the exit, off the deck.

           "Hey! Stop!" We hear, along with a few sets of footsteps pounding behind us.

                "Alright. Let's make a run for it!" Luna yells, smiling, as we break out into a run. A few of the crew still chase us, running right behind us.

                I hear the sound of a gun being cocked, and I quickly glance back, seeing one of the crew aiming a pistol directly at Luna.

                I'm just about to pull her forward, in front of me when her hand is suddenly ripped from mine, as a gun shot rings out. I see her body thrown forward, along with Talon's, and my heart nearly stops. The rival crew stops, realizing someone was shot. I quickly bend down, trying to find the source of the blood I see on the ground. I pull Luna to me, quickly checking her over. It takes me a moment to realize that it wasn't Luna who was shot, but Talon.

               Talon took the shot for his sister. He had pushed her out of the way, taking the hit instead, and was bleeding out of his side. "Quickly, help carry him to your ship!" I yell, as I help one of the other crew members take him back into the ship we just came from.

              Luna's eyes are watering, as she walks next to us, looking at her brother.  "No Talon!" She cries, as she grips his hand, walking alongside us as we carry him. Tears stain her cheeks, as she cries quietly, trying to stop the blood as we make our way to the infirmary.

                We finally reach what is their infirmary, and another crew member rushes forward to help me, as we extract the bullet, and try to stop the bleeding, as we disinfect the wound. Luna is openly sobbing at this point, and my heart aches seeing her so upset, and though I want to comfort her, I know I have to do everything I can to help her brother.

             I quickly stitch up the wound, and put a bandage over it, the bleeding slowing down significantly, as Talon seems to become more alert, opening his eyes. "Don't cry Luna. Please. I'll be okay. Your doctor, did a good job stitching me up. Please don't cry." He says, as he looks over at his sister.

                Luna rushes over, throwing herself over her brother, burying her face in his chest."D-don't leave me Talon.. You can't leave me... We just found each other.." She sobs, and Talon starts stroking her hair as he tries to calm her.

               "Hey... Shh.. I'm not going anywhere...a little bullet isn't going to take me that easily.." He adds, chuckling. He winces slightly, though he tries to hide the fact that he did from Luna.

              "What's going on in here?" We hear suddenly, as a man in a captain's hat shoves his way through.

               "Talon took a bullet for the girl. They were after our treasure, though the guy with her is a doc, so he helped us stitch Talon." One of their crew explains to their captain.

               The captain's eyes narrow as he looks over his crew. "Which one of you idiots was shooting at a woman?" He growls, eyeing his men.

                  "I-im sorry sir... She's from the Sirius, I was just trying to startle her, I didn't mean.." One of the crew comes forward, stuttering and clearly flustered.

              The captain narrows his eyes, scowling at the lone crew member."I'll deal with you later. So just who are you to Talon young lady? Who is it that he took a bullet for, if I may ask?" The captain's eyes soften as he looks over at Luna.

              She pulls away from Talon, meeting the captain's gaze. "His long lost sister sir." She answers, pulling her shirt up slightly, revealing a tattoo, on her waist, that matches Talon's perfectly. The one I had seen before, of two intertwined dragons with the ying and yang symbol. The crew openly gasp, clearly shocked by the revelation.

              I was shocked slightly as well. I had seen the tattoo on Talon, but I wasn't aware that she had one just like it. The captain nods, smiling at her. "Welcome, sister of Talon. I'm captain Vladimir. It's nice to meet you. I'm sorry your brother was hurt though. I want you to know, your brother is one of the best on my crew, a very honorable man, and pirate." He tells her, and she nods, her eyes starting to water once more. "And you are young man?" The captain turns his gaze onto me next.

                "Christopher, the doctor on the Sirius." I answer quickly, and he nods." He will be fine captain. He lost some blood, but we got him here in time, and he should heal up just fine. The bullet didn't hit any major arteries or anything like that." I announce, and I see Luna visibly relax, as well as some of the crew.

                 "Glad to hear it. Thank you for your help young man. Alright everyone, let's give them some space." The captain exclaims, and the crew clears out. The captain turns around in the doorway, glancing at us."thank you for helping, and I'll take care of the idiot that shot at you. You have my blessing to leave with the treasure also." He adds, chuckling as he leaves the room.

                 "Luna." Talon calls his sister over, and she goes to his side, taking his hand in hers."I'm going to be fine Luna I promise" he says, wiping her tears. "Your doctor made sure of that. I'll be fine in a few days. Here though, I wanted to give you this, it was our moms." He adds, pulling a necklace over his head, and hands it to Luna, who takes it. It was a long silver chain, with a blue sapphire on it, almost the same color as Talon's eyes.

                Luna slips it over her head, putting it on, as she hugs her brother carefully. "Thank you Talon, I'll treasure it." She says quietly, as she stands up. "I'll be back to check on you tomorrow okay?" She adds, taking my hand in hers.

               "Okay. I'll see you then. And don't worry okay? I'll be fine." He replies, giving her a reassuring smile.

                  She smiles back, and we quietly leave the ship, Hand in hand, as we head back to the Sirius.

            Hi!!! Chapter 30 already!!! A couple more chapters guys!! >_<... Though I don't have all the details figured out, I most definitely want to make a sequel... I have grown very attached to the crew, and am not ready to let them go after just one book.. Lol. Anyway..leaving pirate island very soon. Sometime next chapter actually. Though there will be another halter after that before the epilogue. ^_^... Anyways, thanks for reading!!!
-Jinx