Chapter 29

( Eduardo's POV )

                It was the last event for the pirate games, and me and Penelope were headed towards another ship, to steal their treasure. She had offered to take Thomas with before we left, and had somehow nudged me into offering as well. She was the first, well, the only person that has gotten away with something like that...getting me to do something that I normally wouldn't do. She certainly had a way about her, that was for sure. He had declined anyway, so I suppose it really didn't matter. It was an amazing yet terrifying feeling, caring for someone. It was something I wasn't used to, just like I wasn't used to expressing how I feel. 

                I glance over at her, as we walk to the ship, quietly. Part of me had started to worry that I didn't express how I felt well enough, for it was something I had never tried before her, and I wasn't sure if I was clear enough, though I thought I did well enough. Considering I had never done this sort of thing before. I mean sure I had flirted before, and enjoyed a woman, but it was never something I took seriously, not until now, at least. 

                 Damn woman, making me feel things that I had always avoided...it was too late now though, much too late. I cared for her too much now, to try and back out. Hell, if I was honest, I didn't ever want to let her get away from me. No other woman had intrigued me as much as she did, and no other woman had been able to really stand being around me. At least with my constant sarcasm, among other things. Penelope though, was different in that aspect. She dealt with me well, while keeping me interested in her, and trying to figure her out. 

                "Awful quiet over there cyclops." she teased, with mischief dancing in her emerald green eyes.

                "Yea well...this is a stealth mission after all." I say, shooting her a smirk as I meet her gaze.

                "True enough, but we're not even on the ship yet." she answers laughing, as she nudges me in the side. 

                 I smile at her, as we finally reach the ship. We quietly get on the ship, sneaking past the lone crew member on the deck, before heading towards the rooms, down the hall from the deck. It was quiet, almost too quiet as we made our way through their ship. We finally reach the Captain's room, which is the normal place that the treasure is usually hidden almost every year.

                 "It's almost too quiet. Too easy as well. Where is everyone?" Penelope asks, as she starts digging through a dresser by the Captain's bed.

                 "They are probably going to try and get another ship's treasure. They left only one behind, thinking that would be enough for a guard." I answer simply, as I start going through the shelves in the room carefully,trying not to knock anything off the shelf. 

                "Shit, did we leave anybody behind except for Thomas?" She exclaims, sounding slightly worried at the thought of Thomas being our only guard.

                 I chuckle, shaking my head. "Of course we did. Arabella and Nathan are there. They agreed to go after we all get back. They'll be fine. They can fight, or Arabella will start blowing shit up, if anyone goes near the ship." I add, laughing at the thought.

                 "I've heard you guys talk about that, but I don't think me or the girls have actually seen her do it." She replies, as she continues her search, moving to a box on the floor, not that far away from the dresser she originally searched in.

                  I shrug."We've seen it often enough. Especially when she first joined. She developed a dislike for Captain Alan of the Rika, and tried to blow him up frequently at first." I add, laughing quietly.