Chapter 27

( Thomas's POV )

                     Things settle down after the fight, and I watch everyone pair off to go get ready to do the treasure hunt. I hang back, watching everyone. I want to go too, but I don't want to be a burden or a third wheel for anyone. Though everyone is always nice when I tag along, I still feel bad, like I'm intruding on their alone time. 

                      I watch all my friends, and I can't help smiling at them. I'm truly happy for all of them, glad they all seem to have found someone that makes them happy, and I hope someday I can find someone too. I see Miss Cecilia and Captain heading my way. They both look really happy, and I know she's good for Captain, for we have all started to notice him change a little each day for the better. "Your welcome to come with us Thomas, if you'd like?" Cecilia asks me, as she stops by me on their way to the deck, giving me a kind smile. 

                     I shake my head no, smiling at her. "That's very kind of you, Miss Cecilia, and thank you, but no, I'm okay, you two please go have fun though!" I say, gesturing for them to go ahead. She gives me another kind smile, before looping her arm through Captains, as they walk off together towards the deck. I appreciate her offer, but I've already decided to try and go by myself this time, that way everyone can have their alone time, and hopefully I can prove myself a little by bringing a treasure back. 

                    I watch Eduardo and Miss Penelope head to the deck next, both teasing each other as they walk, and Ed blushes at something she says to him, though I can't hear what they are saying exactly. She seems to have done a lot of good for Eduardo, for he seems less grumpy, and a little more soft towards the katanna wielding pirate, than he normally is with anyone. She's getting him to be nicer, little by little, though I know it's not something he would admit, it's definitely something everyone notices now. 

                   Miss Penelope stops in front of me suddenly. "Thomas do you want to go with us?" She offers, while elbowing Eduardo in the side, shooting him a look. He rolls his eyes at her, before looking to me, and nods. 

                   "You can come with us if you want."Eduardo begrudgingly offers, clearly only offering because Miss Penelope encouraged him to.

                    "No thanks, you go ahead." I answer simply, and they both nod, before continuing their way towards the deck.

                    I stifle a laugh as they walk away, at how he listens to Miss Penelope now, when before he would never do something like that. I see Christopher and Miss Luna approach next, hand in hand. They seem a lot closer since we arrived on pirate island, and I think Miss Luna finally might know how he feels about her. They were definitely a good pair, both very kind souls that were willing to always help. They were good for each other, both having come from a hard past, but both still nice despite all they had been through. "Oh Thomas, you can come with us." Miss Luna says, as they stop in front of me.

                  "No thank you Miss Luna. You and Chris go have fun though." I say, smiling at her. She looks hesitant to leave me behind, but Chris pulls her along, and she leaves with him, both smiling at each other like they are off in their own little world. To my surprise, Russell heads to the deck next, with Miss Kris on his back. She gives me a playful wink, and puts a finger to her lips, signaling that I'm not supposed to tell they are leaving. I smile at them, nodding, I won't say anything. 

                Nathan and Miss Arabella approach me next, stopping in front of me. "Oh Thomas. We were going to stay and guard our treasure tonight, but one of us can go with you if you want." Arabella offers, giving me a slightly worried look.