Chapter 17

I look from the ring, to him, feeling my face heat up, as I gape at him. I seriously didn't expect him to propose, but my heart feels like it could explode from happiness. I finally find my voice again, grinning at him like a fool. "Yes of course I will!!!!" I exclaim happily, and i can't stop smiling at him. He smiles back at me, still blushing, with a look of relief on his face. "And Nate? You said you think you didn't have much to offer me? Well, I love you, and I love our life as it is. I wouldn't change it for anything. I would be thrilled to do anything, as long as it's with you, but I like being a pirate with you just fine. Hell, I hope we're always pirates, apart of the crew we have now." I add, smiling, and he smiles back, a smile that reaches his soft brown eyes.  

                     He leans in and kisses me softly, and I kiss him back. He pulls away too soon, and taking my left hand in his, he slips the ring on my ring finger. We smile at each other again, before getting ready for bed. He gently helps me change the bandage on my side, and we lay down, drifting off as we always do, with me tucked into his side, my head on his chest, as I fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat. 

                   The next morning, we get up as normal, and head into the kitchen to make breakfast. Well, I try anyway..."Woman, go back in the dinning room."Nathan says, sighing at me. 

                  I raise an eyebrow at him."I always help with breakfast, what the hell?" 

                   "You're still healing idiot, and I don't want you to stand for that long. Go sit down." he says, trying and failing to be stern, as he glares at me. 

                    I give him a glare of my own, walking right up to him."Nathan I'm okay. Let me help. Fuck, I'll get restless just sitting there." I argue, meeting his gaze. 

                     "Woman, for once can't you just listen to me dammit? Go sit down. I'll make you tomboy, but I'd rather you just did it yourself." he growls, still arguing with me. I know he cares, but I really hate just sitting around. 

                    He comes at me, scooping me up bridal style, and I scowl at him, as he carries me out to the dinning room, much to the shock of the rest of the crew. "I don't want her in the kitchen today."he announces, looking at everyone else, as they give us confused looks. "I don't want her standing that long. Keep her in here. There will be hell to pay if she sets foot in there again today got it?"he adds, glancing around the room meeting everyone's gazes, as he gently puts me in a seat next to Russell. 

                   Everyone nods."Dammit Nate." I say, pouting at him. 

                    He chuckles."Tomboy, just take it easy today. I promise tomorrow, after Chris checks ya, if he gives it the okay I'll let ya back in the kitchen."he says, looking at me. I roll my eyes and nod. 

                   "Fine. I'll sit out for one day and that's it." I tell him, prompting laughs from the crew. Nathan turns around, satisfied that I won't follow him, and heads back into the kitchen. 

                     "He's just worried about your health Arabella, don't be mad at him."Christopher says gently, and I nod. 

                     "I know, I just get restless sitting so long."I mumble, looking at everyone. "Anyway, how much longer until we reach the Skull?"I ask, looking at Morgan. 

                    "Well, we're close, we wanted to give you a chance to heal more though, so you can walk and fight. Depending on what Doc says, I was thinking we could head there after another day or two." Morgan says, smiling at me.