Chapter 11

= Liam's POV =

"It's ok, Li." she says, trying to reassure me. "I completely understand. Though it would be more fun if you could come along. But it's okay."

I sigh, "I'm really sorry, Lexi. If only I could skip these interviews, I would. But apparently I can't." I shake my head, holding the phone closer to my ear.

"Stop apologizing about it Li," she says for the hundredth time. "And I would never let you skip five interviews just so you could be my escort to the graduation ball."

I laugh a bit. "Fine. But promise me you'll send me a message when you want to go home. I'll pick you up."

"I promise." she giggles, "I better go now. Have fun with the lads and take good care of them!" she says, ending the call. I shove the phone back in my pocket and look at the wall clock. It's 5:55. That means we only have five minutes before the first interview starts.

Lexi had invited me to go with her to the graduation ball, but we have these interviews to go to. Such bad timing! I was really looking forward to seeing her in that dress again. She looked so stunning and beautiful. She always does.

"Boys!" Louis shouts, cutting me off of my daydreams. "Let's go, hurry!" he says. The lads and I get up from our chairs and walk over to the elevator. We step in and Paul hits the button for the 5th floor. Seconds later we're walking down the hallway. We turn left and enter this huge room where the interview will be held. The lads and I walk over to the couch and the interviewer comes into view. She was probably still in her early twenties and she had strawberry blonde hair like Lexi's. But Lexi's hair looked better than the interviewer's.

"The boys of One Direction!" she squeaks, giving us all a hug. We sit on the sofa, with me inbetween Niall and Zayn. "Let's start, shall we?" she asks, and we all nod in reply. The cameras are all set and the people inside the room quiet down.

"It's great to finally meet you lads!" she says, smiling.

"It's great to meet you too." Harry replies politely.

"So, how are you enjoying your break here in England?" she asks.

"We're having so much fun. We really missed this place." Zayn replies and looks at me, "Liam's been to a lot of sightseeing spots lately."

I smile, "Yeah, I mean it's been about six months since we've last been home so I thought it'd be great to visit the places I haven't been to in a while."

"And the lads go with you during your sightseeing tours?" she asks, flipping her hair to one side.

"No, they stay home and do other guy stuff." I tell her, looking over at Harry and Zayn who were grinning. I didn't even want to know how many clubs they've been to or how many shots they've had.

"Ah." she nods her head, "Louis, I'm guessing you've been spending most of your time with your girlfriend, yeah?"

Louis nods, beaming, "Yes, in fact I am. We haven't seen each other for a really long time so we have a lot of catching up to do."

She giggles, "Who among you lads are still single? Obviously Louis isn't since he already has a girlfriend, and Zayn too." Niall, Harry and I raise our hands - smiling. "Liam?" she says, sounding quite surprised. "Are you sure you're single?"

"I don't know. You tell me." I joke, laughing. "I'm single at the moment."

"I thought you were dating - what's her name?" she asks herself, snapping her fingers as if the name was just at the tip of her tongue.

"Lexi." Niall tells her.

"Ah! Yes, Lexi," she smiles.

I smile back, "We're not dating," I tell her simply. I wanted to date her, but I promised myself that I was going to wait until she's ready.