Chapter 25

He came closer and closer to me. He smiled evily and started kissing down my neck. He went up to my face and started planting kisses. It was not like the way Liam would kiss me. It was passionless. He threw me to the ground and I groan in pain. I couldn't run away. He was too strong and too fast for me. No one was around to help me. This was it.

He started kicking me in the stomach. He gave several more kicks. Then he grabbed me by my shirt and made me sit up. He start throwing punches at my face. Every single part of my body ached so much. 

"Stop." I beg. But he didn't listen. He just kep going on, punching and kicking. "Stop." I say louder, with much force. "Please." I continue to beg. He just laughed and kept doing what he was doing. "STOP." I scream. 

I sit up on my bed, eyes finally open. But I couldn't see anything because it was dark. The room was dark. I was sweating a lot and my hands are shaking. Someone places their hand on top of mine. I immediately pull my hand away.

"It's okay, love. You're safe now. No one will hurt you. I promise." Liam's says soothingly. "Hush." he says. I could feel the bed dip as he sits next to me and wraps his arms around me. I bury my face in his chest, crying it all out.

"I'm scared." I tell him. He craddles me in his arms and kisses my forehead. "My right arm hurts a lot. It hurts like crazy." 

"I know. But you're safe now. Don't worry, love." he whispers and hugs me even tighter. "The cops are looking for him." he says sternly. I could tell from his voice that he was really mad. I mean, who wouldn't be? 

"He just came at me. I couldn't do anything to stop him. I tried, but - " I started crying again. "It was horrible, Liam." 

"Hush." he says soothingly. "I'm sorry I wans't there for you. I should have been. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I promise you, I will do anything to make sure that he pays back for what he did to you." 

"Richard - is he - did the police - " I try to speak between my sobs. 

He lays me back down, placing my head carefully on the pillow. "We'll talk about it tomorrow, love. It's 2am and you need to get some sleep." he pulls the covers over me. He leans down and gives me a long kiss. "Sweet dreams." he smiles and sits on the couch at the other end of the room.

"Liam." I whisper. "Can you please sleep next to me?" I ask. He nods and takes of his shoes as he lays next to me. I snuggle close to him as he wraps his arms around me. 

"Would you like me to sing you to sleep?" he asks. I nod, wanting to hear his angelic voice. It always managed to soothe me and make me smile. I slowly drift off to sleep as he sings a familiar song, one of his favorites. 

Hold on, hold up
Don't be scared
You'll never change what's been and gone

May your smile shine on
Don't be scared
Your destiny will keep you on

Cause all the stars have faded away
Just try not to worry, you'll see them someday
Take what you need and be on your way
And stop crying your heart out

I wake up to the sunlight shining brightly. I open my eyes to an unfamiliar room. I reminded myself that I was in the hospital. And that's when I also remembered what had happened to me last night. I sit up to see that I was the only one in the room. 

I sit there on the bed with my hands on my lap. I try my best to forget what had happened last night. I try not to think about it, but I couldn't. Every single detail was clear. I could still feel his touch against my skin. I wrap my arms around my legs, craddling myself. I was scared.