chapter 1 - intro

My eyes opened slowly. I made it another night. I stood up and walked into the bathroom and stared at my reflection. I shook my head and looked down. I picked up my pills and put one into my mouth. I waked over to my phone to see several messages from my best friend. Alex Constancio.

"Keller? Are you ok?"

"Please answer me!"

All the same. I replied.

"yeah i'm fine. thanks."

Today was the last day of school. Thank God. I got ready and put on a fake smile. Like everyday. It was Friday in San Antonio, Texas. I'm not crazy. Just broken.

I walked outside as Alex pulled up.

'hey. you ok?"

"i'm fine stop asking me."

Alex is the only person who actually knows everything. Not even my family knows. They just diagnose me as crazy and send me to a shrink twice a week. Alex believes that I'm not crazy. That's why I keep him around.

"So you've heard us (as in the crew) talk about a kid named Austin right?"

"Yeah why?"

"Well he is in town and I think you would really like him. He is super nice and really funny."

"Thanks but I'm good."

"Kel, would you at least meet him?"

"Why?"

"Just come over tonight. He will be there. All of us will be there. Just meet him."

"Fine."

We pulled up to school.

"Back to prison." I said in a hushed tone.

Alex chuckled.

"Last day. We're almost there."

We walked towards the building where our first class was. The periods went by slow. 7th period finally came along and this was the only period I had with Zach Robert and Alex. I sat in between the three of them. So I got a laugh here and there. I zoned out a little bit thinking about everything. Meeting this kid stressed me out. Why does it matter if I meet him or not? I mean who is he?

"Ms.Franco?"

"Um..yes?"

"What's the answer to number 4?"

"x= 2.32"

"You won't be so lucky next time."

Math is one of my strongest subjects. I actually feel like things go right in math class. The bell rang and we all piled in Alex's car.

"So Keller? You gonna get with Ameezy?" Robert turned to me.

"Who?" I said raising a brow.

"Robert will you shut up?!" Alex said in a hushed tone.

"I mean I'm doing Alex a favor. I have no other intentions." I said harshly.

"Is he at your house Sleezy?" Robert asked ignoring my remark.

"Yep. His mom took him there when they landed."

We got to Alex's house and the guys pushed me in first and as I looked up my eyes met with this stunning guy. He stood there smiling.

"Hi you must be Keller." he said putting out his hand.

"Yeah. You must be Austin." I said awkwardly taking it.

The guys then all hugged him. They were shouting and laughing. And I just stood there watching them hug and tell Austin how much they missed him. I couldn't help but think how cute he was. His sweet eyes and perfect lips. His voice so deep. Wow. But I don't want to be involved with another guy. I don't need that. Not now.